By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Bioshock Infinite Sales Piss Me Off

I am just glad I get to play my games as safe to say half my library likely does not crack million mark.

On Infinite, I plan on getting around to it, but being an FPS immediately makes a game take a big hit for me.

Around the Network

I plan on buying it. I just have a large backlog of games to play and other hobbies that keep me from playing them all right when they come out.

I have pruchased it via Steam, yeah its god damn shame the game is fantastic but I ´am pretty sure it was profitable.

cmeese47 said:
Gamestop also does a lot of good for the industry. There pre order bundles, exclusive dlc etc provide word of mouth and cheap marketing.

I have to admit I buy used games but I also usually pair them with DLC. I love me some buy 2 get 1 free deals. Plus with over 100 million sold buying used Call of Duty is okay.

Games like Halo, Gears, Uncharted, Grand Theft Auto and Call of Duty will not hurt anyone if you pick up a used copy or two. But Metro Last Light if you are going to buy the game should be bought new since its profits will now go to fund more Saints Row, Dead Island and maybe more Metro games.

But Gamestop should at least share a small part of the used game profit with the developers in my opionion, there sure would be no big problem in this industrie when they would just give a bit of the cake to the ones who make the games.

I'm only pissed on you guys that you didn't buy Vanquish.. Thats an awesome game that deserves much more sales.. I forgive you guys for not buying Bioshock Infinite..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Around the Network
Grandia said:
cmeese47 said:
Gamestop also does a lot of good for the industry. There pre order bundles, exclusive dlc etc provide word of mouth and cheap marketing.

I have to admit I buy used games but I also usually pair them with DLC. I love me some buy 2 get 1 free deals. Plus with over 100 million sold buying used Call of Duty is okay.

Games like Halo, Gears, Uncharted, Grand Theft Auto and Call of Duty will not hurt anyone if you pick up a used copy or two. But Metro Last Light if you are going to buy the game should be bought new since its profits will now go to fund more Saints Row, Dead Island and maybe more Metro games.

But Gamestop should at least share a small part of the used game profit with the developers in my opionion, there sure would be no big problem in this industrie when they would just give a bit of the cake to the ones who make the games.

Yah it would be nice if Gamestop shared some profit maybe if companies make a gamestop only version of a game with exclusive dlc or something then whenever those versions were resold at gamestop, they could send like 5 or 10% of profits to the publisher. 

It would also help gamestop as more people would chose their version of a similarly priced one on amazon, target or bestbuy. 

NiKKoM said:
I'm only pissed on you guys that you didn't buy Vanquish.. Thats an awesome game that deserves much more sales.. I forgive you guys for not buying Bioshock Infinite..

I bought Vanquish. Did you buy Metro: Last Light?

NiKKoM said:

Yeah Vanquish had so many great ideas but it suffered the typical Platinum games problem. Dumb story, dumb characters and no Multiplayer.

NiKKoM said:

I have it, I played it and I didn't like it. sorry

NiKKoM said:

Vanquish around ~900k is sad but I imagine being on PS+ helped still no idea how much they pay studios to join the service though