By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Last Of Us - Japan, how well will it do?

Tagged games:

60k.

"Common sense is not so common." - Voltaire

Platinumed Destiny, Vanquish, Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus, Catherine, and Metal Gear Rising. Get on my level!!

Get your Portable ID!                                                                                     

Around the Network

I think it will do really well and have a strongly dedicated fan base whom will dress up as mushroom people and take silly pictures all over tokyo.

Well, that's to say for anything.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

The japanese 30 second ad got 502k views which I suppose is a good indicator

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eM09FXFgDQ

To be fair, Naughty Dog have cracked Japan before! Maybe they'll do it again.

Uncharted 2 managed to reach above 200K, right? If so, I think that The Last of Us could match, or slightly beat that, considering the interest in survival horror in the Japanese market.

Around the Network
arcelonious said:
Uncharted 2 managed to reach above 200K, right? If so, I think that The Last of Us could match, or slightly beat that, considering the interest in survival horror in the Japanese market.

Yeah, I think the overall concept of The Last of Us will appeal more to the Japanese market. I think for sure it will sell more over there than Uncharted 1, 2 and 3 did.

BOLLOCKS said:
How much would it sell if it was called Resident Evil The Last Of Us?

Wrong. You should have labeled it "Biohazard".

Is it mostly kids that buy games in Japan nowadays? I used to think that Japanese games for Snes used to be for every age range.

I saw 1 or 2 reports both stating it did like 117k first week. I thought this was set in stone...