By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Last Of Us - Japan, how well will it do?

Tagged games:

considering how violent and realistic the game is i don't think it will sell more than 100k. it will definitly sell less than RE6 on ps3. also ~1,2m sold worldwide? considering the hype i at least expected 2,5m.

Around the Network

I´m not so sure.... It may do well because it´s not a repetitive fps... but everything related to western games selling in Japan is unpredictable

0815user said:
considering how violent and realistic the game is i don't think it will sell more than 100k. it will definitly sell less than RE6 on ps3. also ~1,2m sold worldwide? considering the hype i at least expected 2,5m.

Sell less than Resident Evil 6 on PS3 WW? Don't be silly.

about 180,000 to 200,000. It looks like it charted well in Japan anyway. I think i saw it at number 6, first week

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

TrevDaRev said:
0815user said:

in japan. 

Around the Network
bananaking21 said:
Boutros said:

Oh it should do around 100k ± 15k. That's what COMG leads us to believe and it would make sense with what The Last of Us did in NA and EU in comparison to Uncharted 3.

isnt it kind of odd for a game like the last of us to do 100k first week in japan?

It's not really odd if the game is so well received and has such a compelling premise. Japan loves zombie (or infected same thing) games. And Uncharted 3 did 125k FW.

According to Tsutaya's supply manager it's done as well as CODBLOPS. It also charted at #1 for the week. Impressive when considering a. launch timeframe, b. new IP, c. foreign game, d. Z rating criteria all going against it.

100k+ first week is almost certain.

0815user said:
TrevDaRev said:
0815user said:

in japan. 

Of course it isn't going to outsell Resi 6 in Japan! R6 has sold over 800k in Japan on the PS3.

How much would it sell if it was called Resident Evil The Last Of Us?

Supposedly it's getting rave reviews. Everyone is really enjoying the story.
Number one loved feature is the tension.
Last of Us really needs an arcade feature. It would sell a million in Japan if it got that feature.