By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Nintendoset to over take Microsoft?

I want to see the *real* source for these numbers. I find them quite suspicious - especially the PS3 figure (although possible). I wouldn't be surprised at all to find them all to be "shipment" figures, rather than sales figures. And its pretty silly to ignore the PS2 - which is ruling Australia at the moment (along with the DS), due to its awesome price point (about half the cost of the Wii).

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Around the Network

The source of these numbers is GfK Australia, and the original news article was with news.com.au They are slightly accurate, and when you calculate it down post launch (which is the biggest week, so minus this week) Wii is selling at roughly 2600 a week, 360 at just under 2300 and PS3 just over 2000 a week. Wii is doing best but it seems to be slowing lately (according to the staggered release figures recently) and PS3 is just dead, if anything the PS3 should be selling far more than this as close as it is to launch. Also Wii is likely to slow a bit more as it is still a lot closer to launch than the others, so overall I think 360 seems to be in the best position at the moment.

Joelcool7, you need to be more careful with your title wording...it's a bit misleading, and yes, the numbers are sketchy too.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

The numbers are legit!

Yes they are shipped not nescessarily sold!

SORRY FOR THE CONFUSION CAUSED! HERE IS THE ACTUAL NUMBERS AND SOURCE!

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer