By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Nintendoset to over take Microsoft?

Alright GamesIndustry.biz announced today that Nintendo's Wii console is ruling the nation of Australia. The Australian market in the past has always favoured more innovative games with their top sellers including Singstar , DDR and GuitarHeroes which beat out almost everything and dominate the charts.

Well today it was announced that Nintendo has shipped 80,000 units since its debute in December. To some people this isn't that large of a number but considering the geographic locations of the people in Australia and the past success with electronic products this is a very big number.

Microsoft's X-Box 360 has shipped 160,000 units since its debut almost two years ago. With Nintendo already half way to 360's sales numbers in less then half a year it's set to out perform Microsoft in the near future.  While SOny has managed to ship only 20,000 PS3's to the Australian market place!

So Nintendo is set to take the dominant market share from Microsoft in Australia a nation which Nintendo has struggled in, past generations. So could Australia indicate a threat to Microsoft's dominance globally could Nintendo over take Microsoft's market share by the end of the year?

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

Around the Network

Wii is halfway to NA and overall Others numbers as well. Basically Australia is not different that the rest of the world. The only reason Wii is over 2/3rds WW 360 numbers is due to Japan.

360 release almost two years ago? What planets orbit around the sun do you count your years after?

Hmm, I don't see what your getting at... You say Xbox 360 sells 160,000 and shiped 160,000 That means it would be a sell out?

first off, this thread's title is very badly worded. secondly, Sony has sold 36,000 PS3s in Austrailia. thirdy, yea sure anything can happen.

Around the Network

make that 26.000, i know you Sonyfans always like to exagerate when it comes to sales of a losing Sony product... LOL, Just bitchin with you... Maybe you just got the figures messed up... No hard feelins... :D

THE NETHERLANDS

Alvar said:
360 release almost two years ago? What planets orbit around the sun do you count your years after?
It released one year ago in AU. Learn to read.

sharky said:
Alvar said:
It released one year ago in AU. Learn to read.

"Microsoft's X-Box 360 has shipped 160,000 units since its debut almost two years ago. "

Quoted from the OP. What is it that you thought I read wrong?

He does know how to read. Your the one who needs lessons. The article said the 360 was released two years ago. He questioned it. K?

I like this guy's biased thread title.

Why isn't it "Nintendo outsells Sony 2-1"

Or "Microsoft crushes Nintendo 2-1" 

Or any other similary outlandish headlines that are also true?

BTW, Wi is barely selling at a better rate than Xbox360 based on these figures. It's sold roughly half as much in also roughly half the time (minus a month).

Now, I wont argue the Wii will probably beat the 360 and all, just thought this guys spin is rather fanboyish and without much basis in fact.