By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - 20 playstation exclusives for PS4 in year one. Lets speculate.

bananaking21 said:

ya i know lol. we are just saying the same thing basically

I was just adding to your point :P

Around the Network

It's great that both companies are working on a lot of exclusives, but I just hope that they don't sacrifice quality for quantity. The number of exclusives is meaningless if the games don't deliver. A lot of the trailers look great, but I also want to be cautiously optimistic and keep my expectations in check because inevitably some of these titles will not meet the hype and become the Lair's and Ninety-Nine Night's of this generation.

JayWood2010 said:
kitler53 said:

...but less than 15 exclusives from microsoft studios.   the exact point i'm arguing with you concerning sony's 20 titles from sony worldwide studios.

This is why i no longer comment on this site.  I said I dont want to argue.  I never even said I was right.  They are possibly  and possibly not.  Some of them may be involved with sony while some may not be, who knows.  

:P

all's good.  i'm just trying to clarify things.

Old IP:
1.Killzone Shadow Fall
2.Infamous Second Son
3.? (GT6.5/PS4 edition)
4.?Singstar
5.Naughty Dog IP (Uncharted 4)
6. Ratchet & Clank
7. God of War
8. Legend of Dragoon 2

New IP

1.The Order 1886
2.Hohokum
3.Doki Doki Universe
4.Knack
5.Driveclub
6.? Guerrilla Games SciFi RPG
7. New Quantic Dream's Game Utilizing Dark Sorcerer Tech(Game of Thrones-sh?)
8.New Santa Monica Action Game
9.?Until Dawn (Move title)
10.?QuickDraw (Move Title)
11.?
12.?

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

Does DCUO count?

Talal said:
I will permaban myself if the game releases in 2014.

in reference to KH3 release date

Around the Network
JayWood2010 said:
kitler53 said:
JayWood2010 said:
bananaking21 said:

They already announced more than 15.

...but less than 15 exclusives from microsoft studios.   the exact point i'm arguing with you concerning sony's 20 titles from sony worldwide studios.

This is why i no longer comment on this site.  I said I dont want to argue.  I never even said I was right.  They are possibly  and possibly not.  Some of them may be involved with sony while some may not be, who knows.  

Come on Jay, you know Sonys track record with studios compared to MS. Its possible for Sony to have twenty published exclusives in a year.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
JayWood2010 said:
kitler53 said:
JayWood2010 said:
bananaking21 said:

Come on Jay, you know Sonys track record with studios compared to MS. Its possible for Sony to have twenty published exclusives in a year.

Stage you seriously annoy me.  20 published games is very common for every console. This has been a very over-exagerated thing since MSFT announced 15 exclusives from MSFT. This would be a different story if they was all AAA but they are not.  Even in recent years where Sony, MSFT, and Nintendo hasnt been releasing a ton of AAA games they are still releasing a lot of games going unnoticed.  Recent examples is  State of Decay owned by MSFT, BattleBlock Theater partnership with MSFT, the upcoming Curse of Brotherhood (first party),I believe Guacemelee for Sony, MLB: The Show 2013 1st party Sony, etc.  These companies are always searching for titles and publishing or helping them in certain cases but they are not all AAA games.  So yes Microsoft will have 15+ this year (So far we know of 17)  and Sony will have 20+  but that does not mean every single game from them are going to be AAA games.  The real question is out of those 40 or so exclusives we will see between the two over this year, how many will you be interested in?  How many will be big time sellers?  Will they have an impact on the market?  As of right now it is just a number that could literally mean anything.

Go through this and look at all the games that gets over looked.  Same case can be said for Nintendo and MSFT. http://www.metacritic.com/company/scea?page=0

Maybe add Agent. But a new Uncharted seems likely. A new IP from Naughty Dog and maybe new IP from Guerilla Games. Hopefully, Syphon Filter will come back. New LBP is likely too. The Last guardian? Also i don't expect anything from Quantic Dream and Polyphony for a while now

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

JayWood2010 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
JayWood2010 said:
kitler53 said:
JayWood2010 said:
bananaking21 said:

Stage you seriously annoy me.  20 published games is very common for every console. This has been a very over-exagerated thing since MSFT announced 15 exclusives from MSFT. This would be a different story if they was all AAA but they are not.  Even in recent years where Sony, MSFT, and Nintendo hasnt been releasing a ton of AAA games they are still releasing a lot of games going unnoticed.  Recent examples is  State of Decay owned by MSFT, BattleBlock Theater partnership with MSFT, the upcoming Curse of Brotherhood (first party),I believe Guacemelee for Sony, MLB: The Show 2013 1st party Sony, etc.  These companies are always searching for titles and publishing or helping them in certain cases but they are not all AAA games.  So yes Microsoft will have 15+ this year (So far we know of 17)  and Sony will have 20+  but that does not mean every single game from them are going to be AAA games.  The real question is out of those 40 or so exclusives we will see between the two over this year, how many will you be interested in?  How many will be big time sellers?  Will they have an impact on the market?  As of right now it is just a number that could literally mean anything.

Go through this and look at all the games that gets over looked.  Same case can be said for Nintendo and MSFT. http://www.metacritic.com/company/scea?page=0

I never said Nintendo couldnt get it done, but NIntendo is known for taking their time with their games which makes their output slower. Sony and MS invest outside of their own first party, but Sonys first party pumps out quite a bit. Never said the exclusives had to be AAA exclusives either. You must remember MS never talked about their Kinect games at E3 which is a blessing. They will eventually have to make the case for why the Kinect was force bundled with the Xbone, so stay tuned.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
JayWood2010 said:Stage you seriously annoy me.  20 published games is very common for every console. This has been a very over-exagerated thing since MSFT announced 15 exclusives from MSFT. This would be a different story if they was all AAA but they are not.  Even in recent years where Sony, MSFT, and Nintendo hasnt been releasing a ton of AAA games they are still releasing a lot of games going unnoticed.  Recent examples is  State of Decay owned by MSFT, BattleBlock Theater partnership with MSFT, the upcoming Curse of Brotherhood (first party),I believe Guacemelee for Sony, MLB: The Show 2013 1st party Sony, etc.  These companies are always searching for titles and publishing or helping them in certain cases but they are not all AAA games.  So yes Microsoft will have 15+ this year (So far we know of 17)  and Sony will have 20+  but that does not mean every single game from them are going to be AAA games.  The real question is out of those 40 or so exclusives we will see between the two over this year, how many will you be interested in?  How many will be big time sellers?  Will they have an impact on the market?  As of right now it is just a number that could literally mean anything.

I never said Nintendo couldnt get it done, but NIntendo is known for taking their time with their games which makes their output slower. Sony and MS invest outside of their own first party, but Sonys first party pumps out quite a bit. Never said the exclusives had to be AAA exclusives either. You must remember MS never talked about their Kinect games at E3 which is a blessing. They will eventually have to make the case for why the Kinect was force bundled with the Xbone, so stay tuned.

What is your point with bringing Kinect up?  To answer your questions of course they will have kinect games.  One being Kinect Sports 3, and another being Fantasia developed by Harmonix and Rabbids developed by Ubisoft.  Of course developers are going to develop for Kinect as it is no longer a peripheral.  Not really sure of your point on this?  And nintendo takes a long time to make big games yes (as does MSFT and Sony.  AAA games takes years to make), but they also release plenty of smaller games through out the year for both handhelds and home consoles.  Once again some games gets ignored like Mario Tennis, Mario Minis, etc  And if Sony pumps out so many AAA games then why did Sony not release any AAA games in 2012?