By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - When will you quit gaming for good?

Honestly.. I probably won't but the logical answer would be when they stop making Zelda games... I grew up with Zelda and I never want it to leave...

I may never but if Nintendo goes away I probably will.

Around the Network
daactualfact said:
I like playing games and all. But one question has puzzled me: How long will i be into videogaming? Now i can surely say that i won't be videogaming my whole damn life!!!! that's out of the question!!!! But i will probably be in it till my mid 30's, then when i have kids and stuff, i'm going to be done with games.

You might be the kind of guy that, in his mid 30's, when he has kids and stuff, won't be interested in sex anymore either. (At least not with his wife.)

fkusumot said:
daactualfact said:
I like playing games and all. But one question has puzzled me: How long will i be into videogaming? Now i can surely say that i won't be videogaming my whole damn life!!!! that's out of the question!!!! But i will probably be in it till my mid 30's, then when i have kids and stuff, i'm going to be done with games.

You might be the kind of guy that, in his mid 30's, when he has kids and stuff, won't be interested in sex anymore either. (At least not with his wife.)

Dang ... lemme see ...

Mid-30s ... check

Two kiddies ... check

Mortgage, bills ... check

Wife ... check

Not interested in sex ... HELL TO THE NAH

Still enjoying video games ... check

I will stop gaming when ... I feel like it.

Gen Xer - gaming since 1980 

daactualfact said:
I like playing games and all. But one question has puzzled me: How long will i be into videogaming? Now i can surely say that i won't be videogaming my whole damn life!!!! that's out of the question!!!! But i will probably be in it till my mid 30's, then when i have kids and stuff, i'm going to be done with games. When will you be done with gaming??? (discuss)

I don't think that I ever will be done with gaming. Maybe I spend less time playing the really long and time consuming RPGs these days but still I play some kind of Video Game/Computer Game every day.

Beware, I live!
I am Sinistar!
Beware, coward!
I hunger!
Roaaaaaaaaaar!

At least 62 million Wii sold by the end of 09 or my mario avatar will get sad

probably when a video game suggests i should lose weight from my already stick figure exterior.... or when nintendo stops shitting gold bricks in the form of game discs, whichever happens last

Around the Network

I'd guess when I have kids as well, I just won't be able to find the time, so I'll lose interest.

I will stop gaming when I don't want any of the games out there. Now, as I get older, I will spend less time gaming, but I will still probably always play at least a little bit.

Dang ... folks saying they'll quit when they have kids? My son plays on my 360 and Wii - and loves it. He also plays at pbskids.org and loves that too. Having kids isn't a valid reason to quit gaming - it's another reason to game. As long as it's a T game and under - and I don't play shooters around him, just sports, driving and puzzle games.

yeah, sorry. Having kids is just another excuse to play games. I know as a kid I loved watching my dad play, and once I got better, playing against him.

right now, much the same is true for my sister and I. She used to watch me play, now we play together fairly regularly.

So it's purely a matter of how long game companies can keep producing decent games. I don't see why I should quit playing video games just because I reach a certain age. It may have to take a backseat to other responsibilties, but there will still be time that I just want to unwind a bit with a decent video game.

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

Not for a long time... probably never... i might not play them as much but i'll certainly keep playing them.

Current Consoles: Xbox 360 Elite, Playstation 2, Gaming Rig, Nintendo Wii, Playstation 3.

Xbox Live: Jessman_Aus - Playing: Ace Combat 6, Fifa 09

Playstation Network: Jessman_Aus - Playing: MGS4, Resistance 2

Wii Freind Code: 3513-9191-8534-3866 - Playing: SSBB

Brawl Code: 1590-6125-1250

Xfire: J3ssman - Playing: Fallout 3, Farcry 2

Jessman: Fears the Mangina