By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why so much bashing this console era?

It's fun & it's what keeps this forumn ALIVE!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

well computer gaming has always been better until this gen so if it was an argument between what was best it was always computer. Also most gamers bought both the genesis and snes with 3 consoles out and 2 being pretty expensive its hard to buy all them and of course more and more fan boys came to the internet to defend there console

I know sometimes I instigate flame wars just to watch the show... (not on this site, don't want to get banned)
people are just uptight. nintendo fans go nuts when people challenge their beloved Wii's perfection, Xbox fans go crazy when you point out the limitations of their console and its game library, PS3 fans freak out when you infer that it had a totally crappy first year and still has a reletively limited selection of AAA games, and we're all a happy family.....

Not trying to be a fanboy. Of course, it's hard when you own the best console eve... dang it

superwrxsti said:
I just want to know why everyone cares so much if the Wii outsold the 360. Or the PS3 the 360. Who cares? They're all already successful consoles! Why does everyone have to bicker and fight about "their" console!? Seriously? Who cares.

Thats all nin fanboys have this gen, since they dont have games to play they talk slaes and other crap that has nothing to do with them.  Xbots are basicly American nationalists that want their home growm product to win no matetr haw crappy it is.  Sony fans have reality on their side, most powerfull console and they have the games everyones else wants.

This site was made in this next-gen era wasn't it (beginning of 2007 or end of 2006 or something)? of course it'll seem much more worse because there was no vgchartz in past gens and this is the place to talk about sales, NPD doesn't have a forum friendly game place lol.

Just so happens vgchartz was made in the wii generation.

Around the Network

lol @ this topic
i can't tell if Ninty fanboys are being sarcastic or not in some of their posts......

I'll say what I think:

I think for nearly 10 years, a generation of kids grew up on the "winning" consoles, PS and PS2. PS2 sold soo many consoles, so when the Wii came around and still sells out, a lot of Playstation fans which grew up with their console being the best are a bit pissed.

Fans of Nintendo have dealt with both the N64 but more the Gamecube underselling and losing support from developers....so the success of the Wii makes them extremely positive. Positive and optimistic Nintendo fans + pissed off Sony fans = forum fun.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Mars said:
superwrxsti said:
I just want to know why everyone cares so much if the Wii outsold the 360. Or the PS3 the 360. Who cares? They're all already successful consoles! Why does everyone have to bicker and fight about "their" console!? Seriously? Who cares.

Thats all nin fanboys have this gen, since they dont have games to play they talk slaes and other crap that has nothing to do with them. Xbots are basicly American nationalists that want their home growm product to win no matetr haw crappy it is. Sony fans have reality on their side, most powerfull console and they have the games everyones else wants.

Oh man, I almost missed this wonderful post.  We ought to hang it on the fridge.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

I grew up with the NES/SNES versus Genesis and Master sysytem, I was raised in warfare. I don't know anything else.

Actually, I'd say now it's because of my twisted business sense, I am absolutely fascinated by sales, marketing and perceptions of a thing I grew up loving and am still fond of today. NES was one of my favourite childhood toys, and it grew up with me, so I can't deny my attachment for the company, but older now, I see a lot of bullshit that is absolutely fascinating and younger, hopefully stupider than I was kids talking a lot of nonsense.

See Ya George.

"He did not die - He passed Away"

At least following a comedians own jokes makes his death easier.

Omg, you should go to joystiq or kotaku, the rabid fanboism on those sites for the 360/ps3 is insane. Just mention that you have fun on the wii even once and you'll get flamed.

But OT, the SNES/Genesis period was the worst. The N64/PS1 was almost as bad because the Sony crowd was crowing about winning and Nintendo fans were on the defensive. I would say this is the same as the N64/PS1 era since its another case of one group suddenly losing out to another one that wasn't taken so seriously at first.