Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Could MK8, Bayo2 and X run on a PS3[60]

could they?

yes 280 32.52%

no 341 39.61%

maybe one of them could 124 14.40%

maybe two of them could 41 4.76%

see results 75 8.71%

Total:861

So somebody on another forum is trying to argue with me[its a Nintendo forum] and somebody said that they considere Bayo2, X and MK8 too be up there in "true" next generation games. Then another person joined the argument against me saying that "you're blind and don't know anything about tech if you think those games can run on a PS360. So, I figured I'd come to another enviornment and get more opinions. 

I'll admit it, I'm not the most "tech saavy" and things of that nature, but to the eye.. Bayo2 does look better than the first, but considering the first is a few years old now. I'd certainly not be surprised if Bayo2 could run of PS360. MK8 kinda has a similar graphic style to Banjoo Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts imo, it just looks a bit better and once again that game is a few years old so not surprising. Here's where my problem comes down.. X. I think X looks great especially for being an open world, but I doubt that the game wouldn't run on a PS360.. I mean the real determing factor of that game is the scale.

Just to calm the storm, I'm a huge Nintendo fan and I'm not trying to make this a doom thread. I'm just saying, do you honestly think any of these games couldn't run on a PS360? 

Around the Network

MK 8 - Yes
Bayo2 - Yes, but not at 60 fps
X - No

Those are only based on the trailers I saw, that might change when I play them on a HD TV

Nintendo and PC gamer

....This is my cue to go to bed.

I'll get a good laugh from reading some of these in the morning. 

(And of course they can. The Nintendo DS can run Portal. No in their current state of course, but change some of the coding, and they'll be runnable downgraded. The new Smash can run on both 3DS and WiiU can't it?)

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

Not in full 1080p 60fps but yeah....maybe

Don’t follow the hype, follow the games

— 

Here a little quote I want for those to keep memorize in your head for this coming next gen.                            

By: Suke

easily

Around the Network

Sure, if you reduce the framerate, the polygon count, the texture size, the resolution, and etc.

Heck, they could run on the Wii if they wanted too.

bananaking21 said:
easily

You make a lot of mixed comments here and there.  I would believe most people visiting this thread would want an explanation at the least.

X and Bayonetta 2, no.
X's massive detailed environments are almost certainly too much for PS360's mere 512MB of RAM, same goes for the detailed cityscapes in the background of the frantic action of the Bayoneta 2 E3 demo.

MK8 could probably be done on PS3/360 though.

MDMAlliance said:
bananaking21 said:
easily

You make a lot of mixed comments here and there.  I would believe most people visiting this thread would want an explanation at the least.

there is nothing really impressive graphically from these games, the idea of these games running on current gen hardware could be accepted easily. yes, they might have lower res textures a bit or the draw distance to be lower a tad. but they could easily run on current gen hardware. this has nothing to do with the quality of the game, but just the technical side of the game. 

bananaking21 said:

there is nothing really impressive graphically from these games, the idea of these games running on current gen hardware could be accepted easily. yes, they might have lower res textures a bit or the draw distance to be lower a tad. but they could easily run on current gen hardware. this has nothing to do with the quality of the game, but just the technical side of the game. 

Then it wouldn't be the same version. It would run on PS3/360 in the same way that Modern Warfare 3 runs on the Wii; doesn't mean the PS3/360 versions have Wii graphics, or that X/Bayo 2 have PS360 graphics.