By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - If you haven't bought The Last of Us yet....

Tagged games:

Why haven't you bought it yet?

I have bought it 161 53.31%

It's sold out everywhere! 41 13.58%

I don't own a PS3 44 14.57%

I have no interest in this game 45 14.90%

I only play COD/Madden/Fifa 11 3.64%

Total:302

I will buy it eventually. Already watched all the cut scenes of the game over a friends house hope it doesn't ruin my first play-through too much it shouldn't though since I already knew who was the killer the first time I played Heavy Rain and I still enjoyed that game a lot.

Around the Network
lt_dan_27 said:
The only excuse for not buying it is that you don't have a PS3. It's arguably the best this gen. 

Yup.

I would say TLOU is the best game this entire gen. 

Sold out in 3 Walmarts near me. Reason why I wanna get from Walmart is because I got Walmart Rewards stacked up.

I check like everyday for availability! :(

Fifaguy360 said:
Sold out in 3 Walmarts near me. Reason why I wanna get from Walmart is because I got Walmart Rewards stacked up.

I check like everyday for availability! :(

Don't give up! It's worth it.

Question...is the Last of Us like Max Payne 3 in terms of being interrupted by cutscenes so often or will the world/dialogue develop as a I control the player? Because I found Max Payne ..very...very...annoying and I don't want it to be like that.

Around the Network
Fifaguy360 said:

Question...is the Last of Us like Max Payne 3 in terms of being interrupted by cutscenes so often or will the world/dialogue develop as a I control the player? Because I found Max Payne ..very...very...annoying and I don't want it to be like that.

Well there are some segments that have short cutscenes/not like max. The story itself developes as you are controlling the characters. There will be certain objects/points when there is a screen prompt  to initiate dialogue for ellie.(not cutscene, she talks in game to you). You can ignore these if you want though. So the story develops as you play through the game.

Fifaguy360 said:

Its more like Uncharted... it has seamless cutscenes that fit perfectly with the gameplay

^Yup. Not even Uncharted 3 comes close to this game

Survival horrors aren't for me. I might get it when it's cheap. Or I'll just watch it on Youtube.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

BasilZero said:

I'll buy it when the price drops to $29.99 or $19.99.

I cant see myself paying $59.99 for a game.

Also I still need to get ND's other games : Uncharted Trilogy *-*!

This,Their are only a few games that I'll pay full price for.