By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Last Of Us really does deserve the praise...

Mensrea said:
Figgycal said:
Mensrea said:
Captain_Tom said:

I just want to say that "The Last Of Us" deserves every 10/10 it is getting.  

One reviewer said This is the Citizen Kane moment of Gaming," and I couldn't sum it up better than that.  "Citizen Kane was the first movie to do story telling and character development so well that it was no longer a gimic to back up "The wonder of Movies!"  

The same goes for TLOU.  It simply is story telling at a level NEVER seen before in gaming, with such unique survival gameplay that anyone who doesn't play this is seriously missing out on not only one of the best games ever made, but the best Survival-Horror story I have ever experienced (Yes it's story and characters beat all movies about similar subjects).  

Bioshock Infinite deserves a 9/10, TLOU deserves a 10/10.  I will beat it tonight, and I can't wait!

NOTE: That is not to say I didn't find the gameplay equally as amazing, but seriously the directing stands out above all other games. 

We get it, this is like the 15th thread today that is basically just a last of us circlejerk. It's a good game, but the hyperbole surrounding it is just stunning.

Also "unique survival gameplay" lol.

When almost half of the proffessional reviewers gave this game a 10/10 can you really call the love for this game hyperbole? It's not like just random casual gamers that like this game- it's that good.

I've played it. I just don't think it's THAT amazing. It's a great game, and the story is fantastic, but it's not a 10 by any means. Reviewers fall prey to hyperbole just as much as anyone. 

I've finished it. It's one of the greatest games ever made.

Hey you give your opinion, I give mine! xD

Around the Network

I'm the only who doesn't like the MP?

Horrorfest said:

its ok, but its lacking modes. i dont understand why there isnt modes where we fight against the infected. a Co-Op mode like in uncharted were we fight off waves on the infected would be great.

Horrorfest said:

I haven't tried it and I probably won't. I rarely play MP anymore.

I fucking adore the MP. It's so great to play with mates. Tense as hell and so many amazing moments where nerves just make you crack XD

Around the Network
Aldro said:
I fucking adore the MP. It's so great to play with mates. Tense as hell and so many amazing moments where nerves just make you crack XD

it certainly is tense at times, but i was dissapointed with the lack of modes that make you play against infected

bananaking21 said:
Aldro said:

it certainly is tense at times, but i was dissapointed with the lack of modes that make you play against infected

Even in the SP: Fighting the humans are my highlight. So.. yeah. Who knows though. UC3 introduced Djinns as a DLC Co-Op.

Aldro said:

I hated uncharted MP, but I got to say I'm really enjoing TLOU MP, love the fact that lone wolfing is almost a guaranteed death, team play is a must.

Virtually all my facebook  friends are dead which gives me a cheap giggle.

im at 70% complete with a "bricked" ps3... :(

it sure does, definitely one of the best games I've ever played!!! I love everything about the game!! words cannot describe how good this game is!!!