By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox 1 family plan was just a demo mode

walsufnir said:

I appreciate that you speak so openly about these issues, ethomaz! Perhaps it's because you are in Brazil but some issues are definitely Sony's fault, yes. I think by now it's hard for them because they don't have enough money to maintain a better service. This will most probably change with ps4-ps+. I think in 2013 these issues have to be resolved. The world gets more and more digital and relies more and more on internet - people expect it to work flawless.

That's a really weird thing... I have less issues than pezus or other guys that lives in Europe... my download rate is really good compared with the others ps guys here too.

Others issues that PS4 needs to fix...

- Trophy sync is a hell of slow for guys that have a lot of games with trophies.
- The PSN profile view is too slow too.

Around the Network

And those of us who cautioned scepticism that it was too good to be true were being slammed as blind haters by Xbone apologists who were claiming it as the greatest new thing to happen in gaming ever.

We. Told. You. So!

Major serving of crow!

Oh but it's all good because MS has backed away from these layers upon layers of crap they've been serving to Xbox fans so all is forgiven.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

ethomaz said:

walsufnir said:

I appreciate that you speak so openly about these issues, ethomaz! Perhaps it's because you are in Brazil but some issues are definitely Sony's fault, yes. I think by now it's hard for them because they don't have enough money to maintain a better service. This will most probably change with ps4-ps+. I think in 2013 these issues have to be resolved. The world gets more and more digital and relies more and more on internet - people expect it to work flawless.

That's a really weird thing... I have less issues than pezus or other guys that lives in Europe... my download rate is really good compared with the others ps guys here too.

Others issues that PS4 needs to fix...

- Trophy sync is a hell of slow for guys that have a lot of games with trophies.
- The PSN profile view is too slow too.

I like to add:

Smaller patches. They should make it like MS: cumulative patches (one patch contains all previous patches, too) and differential patches (only patch what's new, patches via xbl are mostly way smaller than patches via psn).

And the patches itself seem to be applied much faster on xbox currently.

There were some GAF-threads on these issues.

binary solo said:
And those of us who cautioned scepticism that it was too good to be true were being slammed as blind haters by Xbone apologists who were claiming it as the greatest new thing to happen in gaming ever.

As I already said you can only judge what you know. Only solution: Don't talk ever about any thing unless you know everything about it.

But then VGChartz or better, almost the whole internet will be like

walsufnir said:

binary solo said:

As I already said you can only judge what you know. Only solution: Don't talk ever about any thing unless you know everything about it.

Well we can judge what we know: You can never trust corporations. Therefore if something looks too good to be true it invariably is. But time and time again people let thmeselves be fooled into thinking this time it will be different.

We're all like battered wives.

"I'm sorry baby, give me another chance I won't beat you again. I lurv yew."

"I know you didn't mean it, I forgive you. You can come back if you promise to be good."

"I will, I will..."

But at some point the abuse goes too far and the victim of abuse finally breaks free. MS got close to that this time, but it looks like they managed to plead "Come back baby, I didn't mean it!" just in time.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network
binary solo said:
walsufnir said:

binary solo said:

Well we can judge what we know: You can never trust corporations. Therefore if something looks too good to be true it invariably is. But time and time again people let thmeselves be fooled into thinking this time it will be different.

We're all like battered wives.

"I'm sorry baby, give me another chance I won't beat you again. I lurv yew."

"I know you didn't mean it, I forgive you. You can come back if you promise to be good."

"I will, I will..."

But at some point the abuse goes too far and the victim of abuse finally breaks free. MS got close to that this time, but it looks like they managed to plead "Come back baby, I didn't mean it!" just in time.

Well, I thought at first "Wow MS, that's a bold move!" Then: "Ok, this sharing stuff looks to balance all the bad things. Still worrying but I can live with it given the share-feature". It didn't look *that* good given all the other things of their complicated DRM.

But I am glad they are back to 360-way which is easy for everyone and everybode should be able to live with it.

badgenome said:

I thought so, too, but...

Then there was the part about them not taking any more preorders. So I think demand might have been anemic enough that Gamestop felt emboldened to tell Microsoft to go fuck itself with this anti-used games shit. It would have been a short term boon for them, but perhaps they were not stupid enough to not realize that ultimately MS wants to get rid of them as well.

Very true sir, very true.

I was telling people that feature was too good to be true. I mean if you were trying to combat the used games market, that feature would be counter-intuitive.

I was planning on getting the Xbone after the DRM atrocity was taken away... but this just pushed me in the other direction again... I was thinking that MS was doing at least SOMETHING for the consumer in return of this BS... but this is just sad... I'm PS4 excusive next gen.

Props to J_Allard, Walsufnir and IronmanDx for sticking with MS through this shitstorm O_O

Must be tough for you guys

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|