By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox 1 family plan was just a demo mode

walsufnir said:

And now it's confirmed. At least for MP. Seems to be no problem now for most :)

For me don't effect nothing because I'm a day one plus user but I didn't like and said that in the PS4 E3 thread.

I expect now a way better PSN service and I think Sony will disappoint me in that part.

Around the Network
Stinky said:
ethomaz said:
To the guys that said CBOAT was wrong about the PS4 MP paywall.... I finally found what he said...

"^_^ onlingamingpayo.w.-allklk for Sony? ahha nope.noconfirm"

Translate: "No online paywall for PS4? Unconfirmed."

Really, is that what passes for an authoritative source?

He actually has been right about a lot of stuff. Of course, whether his proclamations are to be doubted or not depends on what he says and your agenda I guess. For example, ethomaz posts this translation as if it means we should all return to believing every word cboat says. What he doesn't tell you is that in the same thread he got this quote from, cboat made definitive statements about the MS E3 presenation that were dead wrong. Furthermore, you read cboat's thread and his subsequent replies and the translation should be more like "i cannot confirm or deny a paywall for ps4 but i believe it to be no". And he was wrong again.

walsufnir said:
ethomaz said:
To the guys that said CBOAT was wrong about the PS4 MP paywall.... I finally found what he said...

Its PSN Plus though, great service for $4.17 a month.

ethomaz said:
walsufnir said:

For me don't effect nothing because I'm a day one plus user but I didn't like and said that in the PS4 E3 thread.

I expect now a way better PSN service and I think Sony will disappoint me in that part.

way better psn? what is bad now? :)

edit: I know some things, that are bad by now. It's not especially the psn itself but more the ps3-ecosystem.

Rafux said:
walsufnir said:
ethomaz said:

I know, people now have to pay for MP, called ps+. Nothing wrong with it. Doesn't change the fact multiplayer is now to be paid.

Around the Network

walsufnir said:

I mean in performance terms... there are small time downs and everytime a new big game is released nobody can download or play it.

Eg. In the Last of Us demo release a lot errors happened... there are a thread here with we trying without success to download and install the demo... Sony fixed after.

The PSN Store weekly update are really bad today... not the content... but the failures.

walsufnir said:
Rafux said:
walsufnir said:
ethomaz said:

I know, people now have to pay for MP, called ps+. Nothing wrong with it. Doesn't change the fact multiplayer is now to be paid.

You give some but you get some, its tolerable in my opinion.

...so this means that those games wont be available for 60min trial in the Market"thing" (sorry don't know how its called) to everyone?

Rafux said:
walsufnir said:

You give some but you get some, its tolerable in my opinion.

Yes, and nothing wrong with it. No one is forced to pay for ps+ or xbl.

ethomaz said:

walsufnir said:

I mean in performance terms... there are small time downs and everytime a new big game is released nobody can download or play it.

Eg. In the Last of Us demo release a lot errors happened... there are a thread here with we trying without success to download and install the demo... Sony fixed after.

The PSN Store weekly update are really bad today... not the content... but the failures.

I appreciate that you speak so openly about these issues, ethomaz! Perhaps it's because you are in Brazil but some issues are definitely Sony's fault, yes. I think by now it's hard for them because they don't have enough money to maintain a better service. This will most probably change with ps4-ps+. I think in 2013 these issues have to be resolved. The world gets more and more digital and relies more and more on internet - people expect it to work flawless.