By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Looks like it will be a long time before we ever see another F-Zero if ever again, check out this artical on IGN, http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/06/20/dont-get-your-hopes-up-for-f-zero

I can't understand this :(

Around the Network

Yeah, normally when Miyamoto says he has a good idea for a game it still takes years to develop. (Pikmin 3 took 9)

I can't imagine how long it will take if he doesn't want to work on a lower selling series...it is basically dead.

That is not what the article says. Miyamoto knows people want a new one but he is still thinking about the best way to do it.
Surely they cant make mario karts every 2 years, so im sure f zero will come next.

I hope so, would be awesome to have a HD F-Zero with a track editor and 12 player online racing

Why does there need to be a gimmick to justify a sequel? Why can't they just make a normal F-Zero? If the reason is commercial success then say that; don't set out to mislead your fans.

Around the Network
Soleron said:
Why does there need to be a gimmick to justify a sequel? Why can't they just make a normal F-Zero? If the reason is commercial success then say that; don't set out to mislead your fans.

You misuse the word "gimmick."  

c : a trick or device used to attract business or attention

Now I love Mario Kart as much as the next guy and will be getting Mario Kart 8, but why should there be a new Mario Kart every generation yet we have to wait well over 10 years for a new F-Zero, guess that's business though. I will never stop dreaming of a new F-Zero though, calling your BS on this one Nintendo :/

MDMAlliance said:
Soleron said:

That describes the Wii...just omit the trick part.

I really hope we see F-Zero, Star Fox and Metroid in the next 2-3 years, Metroid is my favorite series of all time and its just been way too long since Star Fox and F-Zero had a new release. Hell id even settle for Prime Trilogy HD, F-Zero GX HD and Star Fox Collection (Adventures/Assault HD).

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

MDMAlliance said:
Soleron said:

" I don’t really have a good idea for what’s new that we could bring to F-Zero"

You know what Miyamoto means here. He was only persuaded to make NSMB Wii because he could add 4 player co-op. He thinks of games in terms of "surprise" and "innovation" when gamers think of them in terms of familiar experiences.