By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why do people think the PS3 sucks

Rath said:
It doesn't suck but its hardly problem free, to be honest a large amount of the problem actually came from Sonys bumbling PR. Telling consumers they will buy the console even if it doesn't have games, telling them rumble is 'last gen' then adding it and saying that BC is an important part of their strategy then dropping it like a rock are just some of the major screw ups their PR team has made in the last year or so.

However if you want me to list some problems with the console;
Unnecessary use of HD media adding to the launch price
Said launch price being far too high
Actual physical size being extremely large
Apparently extremely hard to develop for leading to huge dev budgets
Far too many changes causing large amounts of confusion (20GB, 40GB, 60GB, 80GB)
None of them make the console suck by any means though.

I think Rath pretty will nailed it.  Gamers have much more of a problem with Sony PR, making the price just that much harder to swallow.  Of course, maybe Sony got the idea that people will buy the PS3 without buying any games from how well the PSP is doing at selling its games.

Besides, Username2324, as you can see from Nintendo comercials, they expect that 2 to 4 will play or at least be entertained by the Wii.  Price per person is then only $62.50.  

And before you get plummelled by the fanboys for it, Jetlogs, you'll have to wait until Sony does another price cut of $100.  That should help get the losses back up to the $200 per machine. 

Torturing the numbers.  Hear them scream.

Around the Network

i like it, i dont think it sucks

Because until a couple months ago it did suck, it was vastly overpriced and had a pathetic library, American's have simply been slow to change their opinion, after MGS4 and another price drop it will probably be better thought of.

To date, there are no motion-sensitive controllers for the PC of note. Certainly none like the Wii's. And anyway, the Wii has more than a few exclusives that caught my eye which are guaranteed to never go to any other platform (being made by Nintendo and all that). As ever, I was sold on the Wii because of the software more than anything else, something that neither 360 or PS3 have managed for me yet (and probably won't any time soon, either). Exclusives that I was interested in was what sold me on the PS1 and PS2, as well.

The biggest problem with having specs near that of a PC is, you start getting a lot of games on those systems that also show up on PC. Meaning gamers like me who only get a console because of large numbers of exclusives that interest them aren't likely to take to a "high-end" console. And while price won't stop me from getting a console entirely, it will raise my standard for number of exclusive games of interest required before I'll consider getting one; I like to get my money's worth.

Sky Render - Sanity is for the weak.

it sucked the money out of my pocket. great console though.

my top 5 right now. 1. uncharted 2 2. assassin's creed 2 3. god of war 3 4. final fantasy xiii 5. blue dragon: awakened shadow.

Around the Network
Nintendo_Dude said:
twesterm said:
JBoogie said:
Nintendo_Dude said:
It's too expensive.

Its worth its value. And its only like $50 more than the default 360 and you get more for your money

I don't care either way what people think of whatever console, but when you say you can defend anything people throw at the PS3 you should probably come back with more than it's worth its value.

You might as well just reply to everyone with nuhuh, I think the PS3 is cool and that's my proof so there! 

The fact that the low end PS3 is more expensive than the high-end 360.

And a high-end Toyota costs more than a low-end Mercedes.

I really have no idea what you're trying to say. 

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

OT:

There are a slew of reasons why the PS3 has struggled in the States:

- 360 has American games. We love to shoot shit.
- 360 is cheaper. We like cheap, even if it breaks (see PS2, Sony).
- Few Americans really care about HD formats (and if we do, we like our individual devices, convergence FTL).
- Sony PR pissed us off for months on end around PS3 launch.
- Wii is shiny, cheap, and gets nerdy males laid (like owning an Apple laptop, except with a vibrating phallus).
- Wii gets nerdy males laid.
- See points 5 & 6 and repeat until you understand.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

The biggest problem the PS3 faces right now is that it is made by Sony, and for the most part only Hard core are willing to pay 400 for it. Many gamers have developed some kind of problem with Sony, probably because of their market domination, and deffenetly because of their highly cocky attitude in the end of the last generation.

In reality the PS3 does not suck, in fact it is probably the best value for your dollar that the video game buisness has ever offered. It is ultimate in set top boxes, and is in a small refined box making HD-DVD and stand alone Blu-ray players look like big ugly whales. I have 5 of them at my hose with a server streaming content over DLNA. So anyone saying the PS3 sucks either has a grudge against Sony, does not understand the value, hates Blu-ray, or life itself.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

you get tang with the wii??? damn tell that to the 4 friends of mine who own one. I don't think they know that yet.

Maybe they grew up around power lines. Maybe toxic waste was dumped in lakes near their homes. Maybe dropping babies on there head is a sport in there city or maybe 85% of the buses in their state are little and yellow? Maybe they used lead paint as a side dish at dinner? Maybe they don't like a system that's gives you a lot for a good price. I don't know. Seriously though, who cares? If they don't like it they don't like it. I do. No sweat off my back. Just don't acknowledge them.