By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why do people think the PS3 sucks

Play B3yond

Around the Network

Most of those people live in the us and ps3 is losing in the us making them to believe it sucks. Imo none of the next gen consoles suck.

It's too expensive.

So why did they call it the 360?because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away- some guy on Gamespot

This is a typical insecure ps3 fan thread.

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

Trust me in the United states, every gamer that does not own a ps3 thinks its a worthless waste of money.

Ive heard several lies, like some guy I talked to the other day, he said that people returned the ps3 since it "brokedown" and bought a 360 and scram out the ps3 sucks.

This I think is fanboy talk, I know its not near the truth.

2008 end of year predictions:

PS3: 22M

360: 25M

wii: 40M

Around the Network
Nintendo_Dude said:
It's too expensive.

Its worth its value.  And its only like $50 more than the default 360 and you get more for your money

Play B3yond

It doesn't suck but its hardly problem free, to be honest a large amount of the problem actually came from Sonys bumbling PR. Telling consumers they will buy the console even if it doesn't have games, telling them rumble is 'last gen' then adding it and saying that BC is an important part of their strategy then dropping it like a rock are just some of the major screw ups their PR team has made in the last year or so.

However if you want me to list some problems with the console;
Unnecessary use of HD media adding to the launch price
Said launch price being far too high
Actual physical size being extremely large
Apparently extremely hard to develop for leading to huge dev budgets
Far too many changes causing large amounts of confusion (20GB, 40GB, 60GB, 80GB)
None of them make the console suck by any means though.

JBoogie said:
Nintendo_Dude said:
It's too expensive.

Its worth its value. And its only like $50 more than the default 360 and you get more for your money

I don't care either way what people think of whatever console, but when you say you can defend anything people throw at the PS3 you should probably come back with more than it's worth its value.

You might as well just reply to everyone with nuhuh, I think the PS3 is cool and that's my proof so there! 

Sucks? I suppose that depends on your definition of sucks. Sure, it's a solid game machine, but most of us don't think it's worth the price tag. Sony overstuffed it with crap most gamers didn't want, took out rumble, slapped a $600 price tag on it and told us to like it. The response was a wide scale "fuck you and your console." Oddly enough they were far more humble in 2007.

And just for grins and giggles, I'll throw in two of the things that bothered me:

• It's a super HD machine and advertised as such yet it comes with standard cables.
  • I want rumble and I don't like importing.

-edit-

And looks like he gave up already.  ;_;