By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox One DRM May Return in the Future

walsufnir said:
Damnyouall said:
walsufnir said:
Porcupine_I said:
Well, i hope they bring it back! it's a terrible consumer service to remove features, i remember the backlash when Sony removed features from the PS3.

Thing is: They didn't remove it from actual hardware - the bone is still not released. The comparison is invalid. But nices you used "features" as this is what happened actually :)

Oh god, did you really just post this?

I thought replying to every post from you but I thought it would be better to post more appropriately with content. You chose otherwise.

"Well certainly with the Xbox 360, we had some challenges at the launch. Once we identified that we took control of it. We wanted to do it right by our customers. Our customers are very important to us." -Larry "Major Nelson" Hryb (10/2013). Note: RRoD was fixed with the Jasper-revision 3 years after the launch of 360

"People don't pay attention to a lot of the details."-Yusuf Mehdi explaining why Xbone DRM scheme would succeed

"Fortunately we have a product for people who aren't able to get some form of connectivity; it's called Xbox 360,”-Don Mattrick

"The region locking of the 3DS wasn't done for profits on games"-MDMAlliance

Around the Network

Lol, this never seems to end.

Wow some guys in here are portraying Sony as if they are gods. Believe me after owning several Sony Products and I still buy them I just have to tell you that they suck at being the good guys - in some things
The xperia phones suck at giving the consumers good vaue after their purshase, updates takes forever!
My Vaio PCs Always seem to bring me headache because of small problems every where
- My Sony receiver is a excellent beast!
My Bravia TV is a massive clusterfuck even though it is pretty new Christmas 2012
THne I have my Vita which I seriously love but it is in the same boat as the Xperia phones after release they get forgotten

Who's to say the Playstation won't take a bite out of the other's divisions book of evil and terrible??

Don't get me wrong here I love and hate my Sony Products but portraying them as if they were gods is just so wrong on so many levels

Xbox 720!

hasonap said:
Wow some guys in here are portraying Sony as if they are gods. Believe me after owning several Sony Products and I still buy them I just have to tell you that they suck at being the good guys - in some things
The xperia phones suck at giving the consumers good vaue after their purshase, updates takes forever!
My Vaio PCs Always seem to bring me headache because of small problems every where
My Bravia TV is a massive clusterfuck even though it is pretty new Christmas 2012
THne I have my Vita which I seriously love but it is in the same boat as the Xperia phones after release they get forgotten

Who's to say the Playstation won't take a bite out of the other's divisions book of evil and terrible??

Don't get me wrong here I love and hate my Sony Products but portraying them as if they were gods is just so wrong on so many levels

Yes, Sony has a lot of downsides but still some products are very good. What I don't like is that they blocked a lot of "features" in the past others implemented.

I remember a friend who bought a dvd-player from Sony. He paid twice the price than the cheap dvd-players because "it's a Sony!" Well, it played DVDs and CD-A. End of the story. My dvd-player played vcd, svcd, could read photo-cds, showed jpegs and even divx. And of course the picture wasn't any worse.

Or their bluray-players: When I bought mine, Sony didn't support NTFS or MKV. Ok, in one way I can understand to not do this but others can do it (e.g. Samsung) so why don't they? I think they are relying too much on their brand than in anything else.

These are only examples, of course, and still Sony has good products but it is not great in every way. Especially the support-quality is varying and generally considered to be not as strong as it is supposed to be given the price.

Around the Network
walsufnir said:
hasonap said:

Yes, Sony has a lot of downsides but still some products are very good. What I don't like is that they blocked a lot of "features" in the past others implemented.

I remember a friend who bought a dvd-player from Sony. He paid twice the price than the cheap dvd-players because "it's a Sony!" Well, it played DVDs and CD-A. End of the story. My dvd-player played vcd, svcd, could read photo-cds, showed jpegs and even divx. And of course the picture wasn't any worse.

Or their bluray-players: When I bought mine, Sony didn't support NTFS or MKV. Ok, in one way I can understand to not do this but others can do it (e.g. Samsung) so why don't they? I think they are relying too much on their brand than in anything else.

These are only examples, of course, and still Sony has good products but it is not great in every way. Especially the support-quality is varying and generally considered to be not as strong as it is supposed to be given the price.

The problem is that Sony is always portrayed as the premium guys kinda like Apple is. I mean why does a Vaio Ultrabook cost more than a Zenbook which has superior everything? And the answer is like you said it's Sony!

When I bought the receiver back in the past holidays I came home and my mom - yes my mom a typical mom that knows nothing about tech - told me is that a Sony product???  Thing is back in the 90s Sony = PREMIUMMMMM

Today I can assure everyone that Premium became mainstream which in that case means just normal shit like everyone else!

Tbone said:
Lol, this never seems to end.

Maybe it's due to the same posters, repeating the same conspiracy theories about a console they funnily enough blatantly don't want to buy.  You could almost imagine these people are getting paid to do it...

Lol...Microsoft...just LOL

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

I am starting to get this feeling that people are confusing spinning something with actually doing your job and talking up and promoting your console.

How else are people supposed to relay a message to the public without making their product seem like the best.

You know, if you create a product that is actually good, that doesn't intrude your privacy or removes your rights, you don't need to spin so much in order to make it seem good. Until yesterday, Microsoft told us their DRM was good "because of reasons". It's only natural that those of us gifted with brains failed to understand how it was supposed to be beneficial FOR US.
MS thought they could trample our right to own property and get away with it. The least they could have done now was give a public assurance that they won't try again the moment the current storm has blown over.

"Well certainly with the Xbox 360, we had some challenges at the launch. Once we identified that we took control of it. We wanted to do it right by our customers. Our customers are very important to us." -Larry "Major Nelson" Hryb (10/2013). Note: RRoD was fixed with the Jasper-revision 3 years after the launch of 360

"People don't pay attention to a lot of the details."-Yusuf Mehdi explaining why Xbone DRM scheme would succeed

"Fortunately we have a product for people who aren't able to get some form of connectivity; it's called Xbox 360,”-Don Mattrick

"The region locking of the 3DS wasn't done for profits on games"-MDMAlliance