By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How Much Microsoft Bad Decisions Damaged Xbone Until Now?

ganoncrotch said:
ethomaz said:
gergroy said:
Eh, show a couple new games and people will forget all about the fiasco that was the x1's two week long reveal

A new Halo always covers everything (for me it is a new GT but I get the ideia).

Wait is bungie back too... oh... nope still 343, right so no real Halo then.

Halo 4 is twice the game Halo 3 is, both online and coop.  Bungie were happy to recycle the same game with each iteration, it needed some fresh blood in to reinvigorate the franchise.  I've owned and played every Halo game by the way and it doesn't take a genius to see Halo 4's improvements to the franchise, the only downside was lack of maps at launch really.

Around the Network
bananaking21 said:
we are still 5 months away from launch. this can change A LOT in those 5 months. i know its said a lot. but its too early

We are still months from launch and to coin a term, this isn't a sprint. Screw ups early on don't seal a console's fate. We saw plenty screw throughout the life of 360 and PS3.

Anyone who has genuine interest in the Xbox One's library will get over this DRM thing that ultimately never happen.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

the2real4mafol said:

It did lots of damage, it was in people's mind despite Microsoft's great E3 showing. It made alot of people go away from Xbox and it damaged Microsoft's reputation and people's trust with them. Some people will never go to Xbox or ever go back because of this. I mean nearly even gaming or news website hounded the Xbox One because of what it planned on doing.

The only thing i think they should change is their policy with indies right now, all 3 companies need the support they can get and Xbox might fall behind if it doesn't change that. People will still buy it despite price, just as PS3 was successful but always more expensive.

Well I can repeat myself on this one...

"We are still months from launch and to coin a term, this isn't a sprint. Screw ups early on don't seal a console's fate. We saw plenty screw throughout the life of 360 and PS3.

Anyone who has genuine interest in the Xbox One's library will get over this DRM thing that ultimately never happen."

We'll still see MS supporting plenty of indie companies. I think they made that clear.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:
bananaking21 said:
we are still 5 months away from launch. this can change A LOT in those 5 months. i know its said a lot. but its too early

We are still months from launch and to coin a term, this isn't a sprint. Screw ups early on don't seal a console's fate. We saw plenty screw throughout the life of 360 and PS3.

Anyone who has genuine interest in the Xbox One's library will get over this DRM thing that ultimately never happen.

pretty much this, also we dont really know everything about both consoles. we know a lot but we dont know all the details and such. we also saw gameplay for just a few of the games announced, and there are still two big game shows before release. 

Nothing a 500 million marketing campaign can't fix.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
the2real4mafol said:

It did lots of damage, it was in people's mind despite Microsoft's great E3 showing. It made alot of people go away from Xbox and it damaged Microsoft's reputation and people's trust with them. Some people will never go to Xbox or ever go back because of this. I mean nearly even gaming or news website hounded the Xbox One because of what it planned on doing.

The only thing i think they should change is their policy with indies right now, all 3 companies need the support they can get and Xbox might fall behind if it doesn't change that. People will still buy it despite price, just as PS3 was successful but always more expensive.

Well I can repeat myself on this one...

"We are still months from launch and to coin a term, this isn't a sprint. Screw ups early on don't seal a console's fate. We saw plenty screw throughout the life of 360 and PS3.

Anyone who has genuine interest in the Xbox One's library will get over this DRM thing that ultimately never happen."

We'll still see MS supporting plenty of indie companies. I think they made that clear.

Now that the restrictions ain't happening, i agree with you. Although, lack of self-publishing for indies could reduce some support but that probably won't make too much of a difference in it's success 

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

JoeFlex said:
We have short term memories, so people will forget whatever issues they had with Microsoft providing the latter implements the right moves. While considerable damage was done, I don't think it is beyond Microsoft to raise enough social capital to have strong standing by launch. But ... let's see.

what issues? 

(see what i did there)

the story will plague them for a bit but it will quickly fade.

remember when psn was down for a month due to getting hack? yeah, i thought not.

If they changed the policy at E3 no damage would of been done. But now it's going to take awhile to get the word out. The launch has been hurt they won't get everyone back that they lost. After launch things should be fine.

Go Team Venture! I still don't get the Wii, PS Move,  and Kinect.

LivingMetal said:
Zizzla_Rachet said:
LivingMetal said:

Well, I do know that Toshiba gets a cut for every DVD media sold, and there is a start up fee to a "DVD association" if you want to start making and pressing DVD's.  This I why Toshiba tried to maintain that cashflow by introducing HD-DVDs.  I believe this similarly applies to Blu-Ray as well.

I doubt Sony is getting much out of it since the pack in Windows with their PC's..

What are you talking about?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sehAKY0XD4g