By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Who should get fired over this mess?

Don mattric and phil spenser.

Around the Network
disolitude said:
BenVTrigger said:
None of this was Dons idea so.....not him

Microsoft has an issue. They need to hire PR people to do these things.

They absolutely suck at telling a story in their current state of executives that touch base with the media... People don't know the full story here, they just know DRM, always on, 24 hour checks. And then they scream things like anti consumer tactics!!!...

Yeah I'm actually surprised (well, I shouldn't be) that it's been such a fuck up on their part in terms of PR and getting the message across. I dunno what they were thinking not having this ironed out by E3, it was just dumb.

It's disappointing seeing Phil Spencers name, is there anything that actually incriminates him in this or are people just being ignorant? He seems like he's at MS to deliver games and not much else so I don't see why people are blaming him.

A logical guess would be Ballmer, Don, Yusef and maybe Chris being behind this.

What Don Mattrick said on video is the kind of stuff that cost Crazy Ken his job. I would suggest him if anyone was to get the axe.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Pristine20 said:
What Don Mattrick said on video is the kind of stuff that cost Crazy Ken his job. I would suggest him if anyone was to get the axe.

What cost ken his job was selling a 800 dollar console for 500 dollars and losing BILLIONS in the first year.

Seece said:
disolitude said:
BenVTrigger said:
None of this was Dons idea so.....not him

Microsoft has an issue. They need to hire PR people to do these things.

They absolutely suck at telling a story in their current state of executives that touch base with the media... People don't know the full story here, they just know DRM, always on, 24 hour checks. And then they scream things like anti consumer tactics!!!...

Yeah I'm actually surprised (well, I shouldn't be) that it's been such a fuck up on their part in terms of PR and getting the message across. I dunno what they were thinking not having this ironed out by E3, it was just dumb.

It's disappointing seeing Phil Spencers name, is there anything that actually incriminates him in this or are people just being ignorant? He seems like he's at MS to deliver games and not much else so I don't see why people are blaming him.

A logical guess would be Ballmer, Don, Yusef and maybe Chris being behind this.

Yeah I don't get why people dis Phill Spencer. He doesn't strike me as a mastermind of anything and as an easy going dude. 

They really should go back in time and fire Steve Jobs. Without him and stuff Apple started with iTunes and iOS, we would not see any of this for many years lol.

Around the Network
Jadedx said:
Pristine20 said:

What cost ken his job was selling a 800 dollar console for 500 dollars and losing BILLIONS in the first year.

Yeah, it's pretty ridiculous comparing the two. MS were behind this DRM/Online thing, so he's said nothing they havn't agreed with. Most importantly since he came in the EDD started profiting heavily.

I would say George Lucas.. after that last Star Wars Trilogy and with the changes he is making to the Old Star Wars.. he deserves it... :P on a serious note.. everyone in Microsoft's PR department... but instead of firing them.. throw them to a bunch of their PO'ed Gamers.. who can thank them with a bunch of purposely Off Key and High Pitched Country Karaoke. That'll Learn Em..

Nintendo Wii by generations...

1. Wii

2. Wii U

3. Wii O U

Predictions made by gamers concerning the current Nintendo line up of games.

Pikmen 3= Little Bump to nothing. (Got Little Bump)

Wind Waker HD= Won't sell anything (The explosion happened here and at one time 4 Wii U games was in the Amazon top 100)

Super Mario 3D World= Won't help at all looks cheap. (Currently the most sought after Wii U game and continuing the Wii U increase.)

hatmoza said:
The consumers who supported DRM!

That would be most of us on the site.

In all honesty, the one's who made the decision to try to control the used market. All the P.R. people, Harrison, Matrick, Nelson, they all didn't have a clue about anything which is why their P.R. is a mess. There was a group of people, when the console was in the design phase, probably outside of the game division. Those guys need to go.

hatmoza said:
The consumers who supported DRM!

Alright, pretty much anyone who ever paid for digital content... pack your shit and get out.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)