By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - So now did Microsoft win this generation with the Xbone?

Win?

Yes 70 9.55%

No 552 75.31%

I am scared, and think it is too early to say 59 8.05%

Other ( post below) 12 1.64%

I liked the restrictions and DRM... 26 3.55%

Wright is a Wizard. 14 1.91%

Total:733

Even with 95% of the problems fixed, I don't think MS will win for 2 simple reasons.

1) It gave MS a bad image as a console manufacturer, I have a lot of hardcore 360 supporters who just "gave up" on Microsoft.

2) It's still an inferior system to WiiU and PS4. $500 is too much, and with all units coming with Kinect, I can't see it being priced less then WiiU/PS4. Plus WiiU/PS4 have better exclusives, and overall, better games.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Around the Network

The damage has only been done for the first holiday which is sold out already. All consoles sell out at launch. As this generation moves along people won't even be talking about this anymore. It will be all about the games. I'll be surprised if people are still talking about this by launch. PS4 most likely just lost the US if they already had it. MS will not give up that stranglehold.

tuscaniman99 said:
The damage has only been done for the first holiday which is sold out already. All consoles sell out at launch. As this generation moves along people won't even be talking about this anymore. It will be all about the games. I'll be surprised if people are still talking about this by launch. PS4 most likely just lost the US if they already had it. MS will not give up that stranglehold.

i cant help but mention the 5th gen, how many ps2's sold in NA, no companie has a stranglehold as sony found out in 2005 through 2013 in NA.

Current PC build:

Asus Z97I-Plus, i5 4790K @ 4.6ghz, EVGA GTX 980 ACX 2.0 1377/1853/124%, Corsair Vengence Pro 2400mhz 2x 8192mb, Corsair RM850, Corsair H80i, 120GB OCZ Vertex 3 SSD, 750GB Seagate Momentus XT SSHD, 320GB Weston Digital HDD, Corsair 230T, Corsair K50 Raptor, HP XQ500AA mouse, Windows 10 Pro 64bit. iiyama Pro Lite G2773HS 120Hz 1Ms G2G gaming monitor.

Michael-5 said:

Even with 95% of the problems fixed, I don't think MS will win for 2 simple reasons.

1) It gave MS a bad image as a console manufacturer, I have a lot of hardcore 360 supporters who just "gave up" on Microsoft.

2) It's still an inferior system to WiiU and PS4. $500 is too much, and with all units coming with Kinect, I can't see it being priced less then WiiU/PS4. Plus WiiU/PS4 have better exclusives, and overall, better games.

You are joking, right?

No, it's still expensive as hell and the announced games are too generic.

Around the Network

@r3tr0gam3r1337
There are a lot of COD gamers in America. I met multiple people who told me they only purchased a PS3 because of free online. Now that both online services cost money there will be a lot of people who go with Xbox. Xbox One will have the superior online service. 300,000 servers can't be argued with

Zero999 said:

No, it's still expensive as hell and the announced games are too generic.

You don´t really know what generic means right?

No me and many others will never trust them again. No more Xbox for me.

DarkTemplar said:
Who knows?

The marketing is shrinking but Sony was a good position because they had a chance to cannibalize the MS market.

Now it seems that we are going to a similar XBox One / PS4 install base size again, now even Nintendo is back the race because so far MS and Sony are not going after the Nintendo market, hence Nintendo is not affected to MS move like Sony *in theory* was.

Nintendo's market = Sony and Microsoft market + some others. so nintendo's market is bigger tha  the others, but it's not exactly "different".

Wright said:

No, it still has the 24 hours thing!

No it doesn't. Once you connect to the internet to download the day one patch It's gone. Offline mode is there.

It's just that simple.