By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Ellie is not important in Gamereactor Sweden's The Last of Us magazine cover.

badgenome said:
That is a reasonable explanation. It's kind of like if they had drawn dicks all over the picture Naughty Dog sent them, and then said, "Well, if you didn't want us to draw dicks on it then you shouldn't have sent an image with the possibility of us drawing dicks on it." It's your fault, Naughty!

He also said that it's forbidden to like re-render the image but editing it is kind of okay. So ADDING dicks kinda' isnt XD

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
KINGviATor said:
badgenome said:
KINGviATor said:

You obviously are cluess as hell and haven't played the game. Don't come here talking smack when you know nothing. Ellie is 50% of the game. That she was cut from the cover is pathetic.

How can she be 50% of the game when she has killed exactly 0% of the enemies in my game? That little slacker. The most she has managed to do is throw a brick at someone. But at least she doesn't randomly start shooting and alerting all the clickers like stupid fucking Bill.

By saying that, it's apparent that you haven't played the game at all.

You really need to give this up. You've already been told that much of his post style is in humor, and that quote is no different. Whatever you feel about the game is fine, but let this be. 

Why do so many get banned for posting their opinions here with reasons to back it up, and you can spew this bullshit all day long and not be banned. Looking the other way to old members is stupid all because they are "known" to have personalities like this. It's okay for these few morons, but not okay for everyone else? I am seriously lost.

KINGviATor said:

Why do so many get banned for posting their opinions here with reasons to back it up, and you can spew this bullshit all day long and not be banned. Looking the other way to old members is stupid all because they are "known" to have personalities like this. It's okay for these few morons, but not okay for everyone else? I am seriously lost.

Because fortunately for me making bad jokes is not a bannable offense. And fortunately for you, neither is being a sourpuss.

badgenome said:
I don't see the problem. This is a survival horror game, not Barbie Horse Adventure Fun Time Dreamhouse Party.

If you're joking, haha

If you're serious, that's a rather ignorant stance. 

Damn Bad, you are reeling them in today.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Around the Network
DeadlyCatalyst said:
badgenome said:
I don't see the problem. This is a survival horror game, not Barbie Horse Adventure Fun Time Dreamhouse Party.

If you're joking, haha

If you're serious, that's a rather ignorant stance. 

i think he is being serious

Wright said:
dahuman said:
Well, it's a little girl holding a gun over a dead body............

Maybe the guy is resting a bit while the other two characters are acting as watchmen.

totally, with blood all over the face and what seems to be one foot on the corpse.

RolStoppable said:
KINGviATor said:

It's truly a shame. Everyone should be treated equally, because we are born equally.

This thread is too good.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Hey guys I found more sexism!!

Where is Willem Dafoe in this picture??? Sexism I say!  .... oh right we don't talk about it when it happens to men ... i forgot the party line there for a second.

In all seriousness, there are elements in the game industry that are becoming increasingly desparate to paint women as victims in an effort to appease feminists/women while making themselves look good by standing up against a supposed injustice. This magazine decided to feature Joel. Maybe they did it because you play as Joel, and he is the first character the player has to connect with? Maybe the publishers believed they could target males with their cover by focusing on Joel ... I mean he is the character the player controls afterall.

Whatever their reason, who cares. Every decision that can be vaguely construed as sexism is not automatically sexism. Take a look at the box art ...

Ellie is closer to the viewer while Joel is back there in the foreground ... we can barely see him. Check out the steel case edition that I got ...

Ellie is right on the front cover while poor Joel just scowls on the back ... probably pissed because he is the main protagonist and he is relegated to the back of the box.

The moral of the story people is don't jump to conclusions. It is a mental shortcut used by people who either lack critical thinking skills .... or those who have an agenda.

dahuman said:
Wright said:
dahuman said:
Well, it's a little girl holding a gun over a dead body............

Maybe the guy is resting a bit while the other two characters are acting as watchmen.

totally, with blood all over the face and what seems to be one foot on the corpse.

You know, the weather. Makes nosebleed.

The foot is a sign. It's like "Hey wake up. They're coming".