By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Will X360 top 50 million in America and 100 million worldwide?

I think 40 mil ww is the best case scenario for our red ringed buddy.

Around the Network

WHOA!!! 100 mln WW?????? Wooow. That is WAAAAY to High!!!! I think less than half of that (40 million at most) cause the next xbox is prob gonna come out soon and its not doing so well now

btw: 650th POST!!!!!! YAYAYAY!!!!!!!!!!!! 

HappySqurriel said:

If you look at the line-up of the XBox 360 (past, present and future) most of its high quality third party games are also available on the PC; to a certain extent you can say that the XBox 360 is leeching a lot of support from the PC. In 2009, the XBox 360 will be similar in performance to the minimum requirements of most PC games and in 2010 it will be below the system requirements of most PC games. What this means is that publishers would have to look at today's sales numbers and think it was worthwhile to produce a (potentially expensive) XBox 360 version of their games which seems unlikely due to its sales.Edit: I'm not saying the XBox 360 will see no support, just that they will lose a lot of the support they currently have.

Based on the games that have been released and the list of games for 2008 in the PC forum (some are very likely 2009) it's unlikely that more than a handful of games will actually push the PC.  Considering how lucrative it is now to publish multiplatform games and that an ever increasing number of PC publishers and development studios are working on 360 and PS3 versions of games it's doubtful that the PC will suddenly have a lot of games that will push the PC to such an extent that the console versions will look noticeably worse.  

so u assume the console will sell 30M in NA and sell an additional 30M in PAL/Japan ?

do you know the actual sales ratio is already :

NA : 10
PAL : 5
Japan : 0.5

or the NA will purchase more Xbox360 to compensate the PAL/Japan sales
or ur prediction is dead

(I higly doubt the Xbox360 will increase her sales in PAL/Japan du to PS3)
(In NA all is possible)

Time to Work !

Even the PS2 didn't reach 50M in the US alone! Heck, I'm beginning to question if the 360 can hit 50M worldwide before/if the '720' comes out. All signs point to no...

Numbers are like people. Torture them enough and you can get them to say anything you want.

VGChartz Resident Thread Killer

Around the Network

40 million WW tops

im predicting 32-34 million by generation's end

Steve 3.2 said:
Even the PS2 didn't reach 50M in the US alone! Heck, I'm beginning to question if the 360 can hit 50M worldwide before/if the '720' comes out. All signs point to no...

yes - that's a very good point. The only console I see as having a chance to reach 50 million in US alone is Wii

Hell no!

If they're lucky? 30m in North America, 20m in Europe, and 500 in Japan.

Frozen said:

Will X360 top 50 million in America and 100 million worldwide?

I think NOBut in america 30million and world to 60 million.

What are you smoking man?!; There is no way the 360 sells worldwide 60 millions; because that means that the 360 should sell around 45-50 million units in USA alone; and that is big HELL NO!!. 30 millions in Usa is very possible; and if the sells continue as they are right now in EU and Jap it should be selling around 40-45 millions worldwide.

I don't think it will, but you never know.