By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why are people bashing wii cause of price?

__XBrawlX__ said:
If one person has their heart set on a console, chances are that they well do everything they can to get it.

Also, If the wii cost $400.00, people are saying the other consoles will outsell it. If the wii cost $400.00, it would be a HD console with DVD/HDDVD/BluRay PLayer, and get all the same games that only go to HD consoles. It would be much better then the other consloes if it were the same price, because it would have what they have and more. Stop using price as an argument so much.

End of Rant.

lol, let me just check with all the casual people (aka- parents and more older people I know) who praise the Wii-mote, but also how much cheaper it is than the other systems. Still, the Wii would have the Wii-mote going for it if it were at $400.

Around the Network

^I agree. The shortages indicate that the Wii is actually UNDERPRICED. Even if Nintendo were to raise the price of the console by $50, I bet people will still be rushing to buy it. (Assuming that the demand for the Wii isn't that elastic)

My collection of guides on GameFAQs: Read them here

My latest guide on GameFAQs, for Little King's Story! Read it here 

There are people bashing the Wii for being too cheap? Can't say I've ever seen them, although I've ran into a few people who think it's too expensive for what it offers.

Hardly worth starting a thread with a zillion exclamation marks and all caps sentences in any case. -_-

Ninty could sell the Wii at over $300 and it still will be sold out. It's a gaming revolution and that is y it's so successsful.....unlike other consoles *cough* PS3 * cough* Xbox 360* cough*

Wii will outsell Ps3 and 360 even if its $350 like it is now
due to demand

Around the Network
wiiforever said:
Ninty could sell the Wii at over $300 and it still will be sold out. It's a gaming revolution and that is y it's so successsful.....unlike other consoles *cough* PS3 * cough* Xbox 360* cough*

That is the subject of much scrutiny among gamers.

And btw, cloaking statements like that are only funny when emitted verbally, and some might even consider it trolling. 

Do people still mock the Wii because of price? I know people did when it was launched but I thought people stopped that nonsense a long time ago.

Oh, and I can't miss an opportunity to post this:

Bah, just click the image to see the whole thing. 

@twesterm

that is very reminiscent of Ninty now....n the MONEY they lost out on due to Low wii supply this holiday season

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

DSLover said:
One of the main reasons for the wii's success is price. That is undeniable. If wii cost $300 then it would definitely have sold less, price is not the only factor ofc but it is an important one.

actually, no it isn't undeniable

wii is still sold out so we don't know what demand is, nor do we know what the demand is at each price point

i believe it still would have sold out at $300...those that wanted a wii wanted one because of the wiimote, wii sports, not the price

just look at the million+ wiis sold for $350+ on ebay/craigslist in the past 14.5 months

price is NOT one of the top 3 factors in why the wii sells so well and the wii still woulda sold 20mil in 13.5 months at $300

Bets:Missed by 420k I bet leo-j vg$500 that wii will sell 31 million by 7/31/08.  Sorry, I don't think he has enough vg$ to make it with all of u that wish you could. Hit, with room to spare I bet kingofwale a 1-week ban that wii Americas ltd sales>360 Americas ltd sales as of the numbers for week ending 7/05/08 (using vgchartz homepage #s)

Predictions:

Wii will sell 18-20mil by 12/31/07  CHECKWii will sell 45mil+ WW by 12/31/08Wii will surpass PS2 sales WW by 11/17/11 (5yr anniversary)Wii Fit will hit 12mil sales in 2009MKWii+SSBB+Wii Fit+SMG > 50 mil sales by 2010 > gta4+mgs+gt5+ff13+haze+lbp

Those names are classic! "Kutarchini vs. Potatamoto"... hilarious!

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.