By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario and Sonic at the Olympics Huge Success: What's Next?

I doubt the 360/PS3 Olympic Games games will actually do well. I mean have any of the other based off that license done well haha. I think Sega knew that beforehand and why they wanted to do something like this with nintendo, to ensure some heavy profits.

Around the Network

Sonic games have done well on Nintendo consoles for some time. In fact, the Wii version of Sonic sold the best out of the three new gen. platforms it was released on. (Didn't hurt that the 360 and PS3 versions were utter crap and the Wii version was a completely different game.)

Numbers are like people. Torture them enough and you can get them to say anything you want.

VGChartz Resident Thread Killer

So Nintendo saved SEGA... quite impressive.

I wouldn't be surprised if a "Mario & Sonic at the Winter Olympic games" comes out next year. IMHO M&S was very fun, but I don't want there to be 19 of them.

I just hope this doesn't start a trend where Sega just phones it in, and doesn't try to make great console games. They do some awesome stuff sometimes, but they also tend to beat a dead horse when something clicks...

Pee Wee's Play House feat. Mario and Sonic

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

Around the Network

Mario and Sonic MMORPG

"A revival has nothing to do with quality, but success which is determined by sales. "

You have two possibilities for success. Short-term success through hypes and tie-ins by riding the wave of success (Pokemon, movies, the Olympics, wii Party games...)

But if you want long-term success you need quality. There is no way around it. Crappy game series, studios etc. will only be successful for a given time. And at the moment Sega is a crappy game developer.

TWRoO said:
So Nintendo saved SEGA... quite impressive.
 Cosmic irony at it's finest. 

"But as always, technology refused to be dignity's bitch."--Vance DeGeneres

http://cheezburger.com/danatblair/lolz/View/4772264960

Mario and Sonic at the Winter Olympics, or at the Xgames

UBISOFT BOYCOTT

Mario and Sonic at the Winter Olympics
They will probably continue to do lots of 2D Sonic games (they can still do 2D pretty well)

I hope that they finally make a 3D Sonic that is worth getting. Sonic Adventure 3 perhaps? It would also be good if they just stuck to Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles, and got rid of all those crappy characters they have filled the last few games with.