By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Was sony this bad back in 2006 compared to xbox one?

So?

Arrogant my name is don 35 16.91%

Xbox one? 12 5.80%

Yes, worse then sony 96 46.38%

Almost as bad as sony 33 15.94%

Oh, they are getting there 18 8.70%

Driving off a cliff 13 6.28%

Total:207

So I wasn't really paying attention to the new gen consoles back in 2006. Judging by various reactions back then, sony was arrogant beyond belief with $599 and get 2 jobs comment. Microsoft now in 2013 seems to be pretty damn arrogant and the negativity is just wow for this console. I didn't really see the drm/24 hour thing to be a deal breaker like some, but ultimately what drove me to ps4 was the price diff. Not really the point though, but microsoft seems to just keep going with the arrogant comments. One example is

No internet, get a 360-seriously, you couldn't just pr spin the xbox one somehow

Oh, something about the military too, can't remember

There pr in general seems to be in complete shambles, people contradicting each other left and right. It's almost as if they are making this up as they go along. They can prob do well if they get there shit together since some will flock to it due to there exclusives despite all the shortcomings and price diff.

Around the Network

I think it's roughly comparable levels

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

radishhead said:
I think it's roughly comparable levels

QFT.

Well Tretton Kutaragi told us to get two jobs if we wanted a PS3, also their whole conference was an absolute mess.

Yeah, I would say it's comparable.

PR was pretty bad for both. Both the PS3 at the time and the XBO offer great things for gaming, but the PR was bad then for the PS3 and the PR now for the XBO is bad as well. Executives need to know when to keep their mouths shut.

Around the Network

I didnt get to forums until 2007 but Id say PS was a long running joke due to the high price and lack of games. I never got the hate because people were all in on $500 20GB hard drive XBOX(No one wanted the $400 no hard drive arcade console) and I dont think it had many great games till much later. XBone is a bit different in a number of ways because they seem to have the games end down but everything else..........

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

About the same. $499 US Dollars vs $599 US dollars, granted the PS3 had a $499 model.
Anti-Used, Always Online, Kinect Spying on you. At least the more expensive model had BC, the XB1 nor PS4 have BC (though PS4 will have Gaikai).

Since I don't buy used 99% of the time and have internet it doesn't effect me, but it seems like It's effecting a lot of people.

But yes, comparable. The PS3 hate was all over the place, and now It's Microsoft's turn to wear those shoes.

It's just that simple.

NintendoPie said:
Well Tretton told us to get two jobs if we wanted a PS3, also their whole conference was an absolute mess.

Kutaragi, not Tretton.

badgenome said:
NintendoPie said:
Well Tretton told us to get two jobs if we wanted a PS3, also their whole conference was an absolute mess.

Kutaragi, not Tretton.

Dang it! 

I always imagined that as something Tretton would say. Ah well...

MonstaMack said:
About the same. $499 US Dollars vs $599 US dollars, granted the PS3 had a $499 model.
Anti-Used, Always Online, Kinect Spying on you. At least the more expensive model had BC, the XB1 nor PS4 have BC (though PS4 will have Gaikai).

Since I don't buy used 99% of the time and have internet it doesn't effect me, but it seems like It's effecting a lot of people.

But yes, comparable. The PS3 hate was all over the place, and now It's Microsoft's turn to wear those shoes.

Oh damn really? It must have been that model no one wanted then. I honestly can't remember seeing a $500 model when it first came out. I do remember the $600 one since every time I go to bestbuy, I would see a huge stack and then scoff at the price xD