By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS: Holding The New PS4 Controller Is Like Touching Boob For The First Time

I wonder if Sony enlarged the size of the handles, does anyone know?
Because that is the one thing where I prefer the Xbox 360 controller over the PS3 controller.

When I bought my PS3, I was used to the 360 controller for months, and the small handles on the PS3 controller felt very strange at first. I soon got used to them, but I think I'd stiil prefer larger handles like those of the 360 controller.

Around the Network
ethomaz said:
walsufnir said:
What? I thought DS3 was close to perfect? But yes, it looks way better than before - Bungie helped with the design and many influences of the 360-controller went in the design. To me, the Xbone-controller still looks better because to me x360-controller *is* perfect, except for beatemups. The rumble-in-the-triggers is going to be awesome.

360 is perfect for shooters

Edit - I mean... I have a hard time with fighting games for example.

that's why i mentioned beatemups :) but everything else, this thing is perfect in size, weight, button-placements, triggers. especially the triggers! these were so bad with ds3...

I like the DS3 because I have small hands, but I would have liked the next PS4 controller to have rumble on the shoulder buttons.

Also the most impotant part of a controller is the sensitivity and accuracy of the sticks because you need that to move and aim properly.

disturbing

I'll probably prefer the xbox one controller since the 360 controller was just about perfect to me while the DS3 was lacking in a few areas.

Around the Network

Thread title changed to be inline with the content and GAF

It's much much better than tits someone told me.
I believe him, I will probably be holding the controller more then the other thing...

Oh great. Now, everybody knows I have my bed full of PS4 controllers.

MOAR.

Jeff Cannata says the “PS4 controller is far better than the Xbox One controller”

Quote:
Let me say this, the controller for the PS4 is sublime, far better than the Xbox One controller. I’m a little disappointed to be honest with the Xbox One controller. The bumper buttons in particular are actually more difficult to hit with my fingers than they used to be on the 360. I find it to be smaller and much more cramped and the triggers don’t feel as good.”

“The triggers on the PS4 controller are awesome! It’s super cool. It just feels so comfortable in the hand, the bumpers are nice, the triggers are SO nice, it’s got rumble on two sides, it is just a great controller.” 

http://www.psmania.net/2013/06/jeff-cannata-says-the-ps4-controller-is-far-better-than-the-xbox-one-controller/

I will add to OP.

I always liked the DS from the PS1 days on. Never had issues, just hope the d-pad is still good and I'll be happy. I should note I rarely ever play a shooter game so cannot comment on that.