By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - “You’re all being played” Bleszinski slams Sony’s lack of used game blockers as a PR tactic

curl-6 said:

Then budgets need to be reduced.

That is silly.

Around the Network
slowmo said:
Wasn't CliffyB the best thing since slice bread to Sony fans a month or two ago?

Why? I don't remember his name even coming up recently outside of the stupid shit he writes on Twitter and Tumblr.

Anyway, I was banned from GAF a couple of months ago for telling him he was a dildo, so I'm pretty consistent.

Kyuu said:

I'm on the same conclusion, but sometimes you have to play it nice because some people will feel offended if I accused MS changing their plans. So I assumed its a rumor.

Hopefully Sony's choices will help keep gaming as we know it. Those publishers still need to make enough profits coz otherwise wont encourage the development of good video games and may result the end of consoles one day.

Microsoft won in the end...they pressured Sony into implementing paid multiplayer. It was good while it lasted, but at least they gave people a reason to pay instead of locking them out of an entire experience. Sony taught MS how to create paid multiplayer with added features without locking the consumer out of the experience as if they are some criminal or outcast. I knew it was too good to be true but at least it gives more to the consumer instead of taking away. In that sense I cannot be completely mad. As I said...Sony is more genuine and it shows when they got a standing ovation at E3.

BenVTrigger said:

But his pro MS twitter crusade had been ridiculous. And his comments about pre owned and AAA are absolutely false.

QFT.

And the fact that many developers, including one of the greatest Or at least most prolific, producers of games there is (Nintendo) totally disagrees should tell you something.

Unfortunately the guy is influential, and worse I think the mainstream gaming media are giving MS a free pass on this. Oh sure they're criticising MS on many aspects of their DRM, but it's mostly at the level of "The screwed up on the PR and they're sending out confused messaging...but it's still a great console and we hope it does well, competition is good."

Perhaps the gaming MSM all buy into the crap that used games = bad of the industry and DRM = necessary evil. But I think game journalism is once again showing its lack of professionalism by not really putting DRM on trial as being a terribly abusive practice that will do nothing to stop the true gaming crime of piracy, and that it harms a part of the industry that no one has yet proven does any damage to developers who make cosistently decent games.

I guess we can expect him to be Xbone exclusive.

Sony can't u-turn on DRM for disc based games. If they did not only would they swiftly be so totally abandoned that they exit the console market, they would also be sued into near bankruptcy by everyone who bought PS4 because it was widely, publicly and repeatedly announced that there would be no DRM on discs.

The guy is being an arse for suggesting used games are bad and DRM is the way to a glorous gaming future. But he's a total loon for saying Sony's got a nasty old Xbone-like DRM policy up its sleeve that it will deploy once they've sucked enough people into their system.

I think Sony possibly had a DRM plan as recently as April this year that it could deploy fairly easily into its OS, and Sony was playing chicken with MS on who would announce DRM first to see what the public reaction would be like. I think the day OF the Xbone announcement in May whatever disc based DRM plans Sony had they burned them to leave no trace. Sony have said ther'd be no disc based DRM on their 1st party titles, but that DRM on 3rd party titles would be up to the publisher.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

S.T.A.G.E. said:

Microsoft won in the end...they pressured Sony into implementing paid multiplayer. It was good while it lasted, but at least they gave people a reason to pay instead of locking them out of an entire experience. Sony taught MS how to create paid multiplayer with added features without locking the consumer out of the experience as if they are some criminal or outcast. I knew it was too good to be true but at least it gives more to the consumer instead of taking away. In that sense I cannot be completely mad. As I said...Sony is more genuine.

They didn't pressure Sony into anything, and they certainly don't "win" if monetizing online play gives Sony more money to work with (moneyhat games, etc.). Consumers lost because too many consumers have proven all generation long that online multiplayer is something they're willing to pay for. Even though people seem to see Sony as the "good guy" right now, they are still a corporation like any other and won't turn down what amounts to free money.

Around the Network

Poor Cliffy B, he should read himself many times before twitting that stuff, he sounds like a greedy hysterical spinster. BTW, being an important member of the industry, he should know the used market in general is beneficial to sales of expensive games, it's just the GameStop used games business model that's abnormal, biased in favour of GS and against both users and publishers, and burdened by a conflict of interest, but maybe fair trade laws and rules could be used to solve some issues about it without damaging end-users.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

badgenome said:
slowmo said:
Wasn't CliffyB the best thing since slice bread to Sony fans a month or two ago?

Why? I don't remember his name even coming up recently outside of the stupid shit he writes on Twitter and Tumblr.

Anyway, I was banned from GAF a couple of months ago for telling him he was a dildo, so I'm pretty consistent.

That was very restrained of you.

Your post makes me want to use the word butt plug in a sentence without running the risk of being banned. But I can't think of a way that would be 100% inside the rules.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

binary solo said:

Your post makes me want to use the word butt plug in a sentence without running the risk of being banned. But I can't think of a way that would be 100% inside the rules.

Well, it was contextual. He was freshly unemployed and had started playing fantasy football with the industry, giving out unwarranted advice to working devs on Twitter. And his brilliant idea of the monent was that Volition should turn Saints Row into a serious, Michael Mann type of thing because the game was good but too embarrassing to play because of the fact that the trademark weapon is a five foot long purple dildo (with the most amazing physics). So he said they should "lose the dildo", and I remarked that Epic had recently gotten rid of their dildo.

Otherwise I would have really let him have it!

binary solo said:
badgenome said:
slowmo said:

You could, butt plug him afterwards

badgenome said:
slowmo said:

@badgenome

xD A dildo.. It's Epic!

@slowmo

Huh? 2 months ago Cliffy B defended Adam Orth.. How is that good for Sony fans?