By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Last of Us - 1.3 million Opening Week Sales Estimates (VGC)

nnodley said:
ethomaz said:
nnodley said:
What did uncharted 3 sell first week in the US?

~135k... Chart-track confirmed TLOU sold less than U3 in UK but more than U2.

Not UK ethomaz. I said US. Lol. It's all good though because that's still good to know. Thanks

lol I misunderstood... sorry.

Around the Network

PS1 87.45 Average

PS2 85.13 Average 87.85 if you don't count the kart game. (only game they have made since crash to score below an 80 on average)

PS3 93.10 Average

What are these numbers you ask? The average review scores Naughty Dog have obtained across the game they have created each gen. 4 games on each platform.
Best in the world? You damn right doggy.

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

That's amazing. Deserves every one of those sales and even more. Best game of this generation.

CGI-Quality said:
LemonSlice said:
Critical darling and best-selling? This is fantastic news! :D

Sony needs more exclusives which pull such numbers for them. Too many end up being ignored.

They have plenty that do just fine, though. It actually isn't very often they have an exclusive release flop. 

Not flop, but a lot of their exclusives deserve better sales than they get.

Well all I know is I will have to wait to get this game because its currently sold out in all gaming retail outlets in my area.

Around the Network

FYI: Uncharted 3 did 1,359,289 week one so great for ND/Sony.

Good stuff. Deserves every sale and more.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Woooooow!! I was super hyped for this game and now that I've almost finished my 1st playthrough it's definitely worth. Still, I never thought it would reach one million FW. I guess there are still many gamers with good taste who aren't looking for games with MP, coop, headshots and explosions.

Now, I'm still a bit pessimistic about its leg, I bet it'll drop like a rock 2nd week. I just don't see it being that mainstream driven to have Uncharted like legs.

Game of the year 2017 so far:

5. Resident Evil VII
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
3. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
1. Super Mario Odyssey

Thats amazing, Naughty Dog deserves it too. The game is fantastic, and also kind of leaves at a cliffhanger(?) ending. Cant wait to see what they are doing on the Ps4!

CGI-Quality said:
ghettoglamour said:

Woooooow!! I was super hyped for this game and now that I've almost finished my 1st playthrough it's definitely worth. Still, I never thought it would reach one million FW. I guess there are still many gamers with good taste who aren't looking for games with MP, coop, headshots and explosions.

Now, I'm still a bit pessimistic about its leg, I bet it'll drop like a rock 2nd week. I just don't see it being that mainstream driven to have Uncharted like legs.

Well, you didn't expect the big opening week, so perhaps you should be a little more conservative about its follow up weeks.

I sure hope to be wrong, my friend

Game of the year 2017 so far:

5. Resident Evil VII
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
3. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
1. Super Mario Odyssey