By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - UK Charts: The Last of Us biggest new IP launch since L.A. Noire

Tagged games:

Ucell said:
walsufnir said:
Soleron said:

What would be the point of reviewing, if a game with an absurd number of 100% scores in a mainstream genre and aesthetic,  bombed?

It wouldn't be the first time that a game doesn't have good sales while reviewers liked the game.

Well the point here is that reviewers didn't simply 'like' the game, they loved it. Also TLOU is from a famed developer and of an astoundingly successful genre. I think that's what he is trying to say here.

I think the majority doesn't know who or what ND is - but at least in Germany they say sth. like "from the ones who also made uncharted".

Around the Network
walsufnir said:

I'm not sure if you read what you posted, but okay:

"The Last of Us' opening tally was a whopping five times greater than the original Uncharted."

Yes, but why are you telling me this?  I just copied the lines out of the Eurogamer article since it had been updated but Deadly2Choke hadn't seen it yet.

Surely if you have a problem with the comparison they're drawing, it'd be better to take up the issue with Tom Phillips of Eurogamer.  

(I do understand the point you're trying to make, but it's just a simple comparison.  Just like the comparison they did for Animal Crossing, too:

"Animal Crossing: New Life won second place, and the biggest launch week sales of any non-Mario 3DS title."

There's a difference in 3DS userbase there too.  I don't see any harm for it.  It's just a benchmark to measure sales without telling us what the exact sales are)

darkshadow23 said:
If you have a PS3 and don't buy this game then I don't know what is wrong with you but something is messed up.

How about some people don't like the genre? I keep seeing similar comments and they sure don't make any sense to me. I tried Uncharted 2 and while I did appreciate it as a great game, I didn't enjoy it after an hour and simply stopped playing it. So let me ask you a question. Have you played Nino Kuni? If not, what's wrong with you? 

Anyway, seems like good sales for a great game.

well I don't expect this game to sell more then 2 million life

walsufnir said:
Ucell said:
walsufnir said:
Soleron said:
walsufnir said:
Soleron said:
walsufnir said:
Advertising seems strong, at least in Germay, so I think it's the same in UK. It's good to see a AAA-game getting decent sales.

If it didn't we might as well shut down the reviewing industry.

Why?

What would be the point of reviewing, if a game with an absurd number of 100% scores in a mainstream genre and aesthetic,  bombed?

It wouldn't be the first time that a game doesn't have good sales while reviewers liked the game.

Well the point here is that reviewers didn't simply 'like' the game, they loved it. Also TLOU is from a famed developer and of an astoundingly successful genre. I think that's what he is trying to say here.

I think the majority doesn't know who or what ND is - but at least in Germany they say sth. like "from the ones who also made uncharted".

I think that should be enough to sell it there.

Around the Network
Kresnik said:
walsufnir said:

I'm not sure if you read what you posted, but okay:

"The Last of Us' opening tally was a whopping five times greater than the original Uncharted."

Yes, but why are you telling me this?  I just copied the lines out of the Eurogamer article since it had been updated but Deadly2Choke hadn't seen it yet.

Surely if you have a problem with the comparison they're drawing, it'd be better to take up the issue with Tom Phillips of Eurogamer.  

(I do understand the point you're trying to make, but it's just a simple comparison.  Just like the comparison they did for Animal Crossing, too:

"Animal Crossing: New Life won second place, and the biggest launch week sales of any non-Mario 3DS title."

There's a difference in 3DS userbase there too.  I don't see any harm for it.  It's just a benchmark to measure sales without telling us what the exact sales are)

Well, quoting someone doesn't necessarily mean I *answer* the one who posted it but the content he posted. By making such a comparison the meaning is close to  zero, in my opinion. I still think it's good that TloU sales are good but this comparison to me is nonsense.

busbfran said:

Want a bet? Anything you wish at stake really.

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

busbfran said:

You may be right or wrong. However its unlikely, seeing this is just the launch of TLOU.

Ucell said:

Yes, Sony is strong in Germany. Still I don't know of anyone who bought it thanks to CFWs.

walsufnir said:
Ucell said:

Yes, Sony is strong in Germany. Still I don't know of anyone who bought it thanks to CFWs.

No need for that. People may buy it simply because of the amazing reviews it got. Or those disappointed with RE6 and DS3, and wanting some 'real' survival horror.