By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 preorders : MASSIVE domination !

Tagged games:

I was in game (UK) yesterday and one of the employees was trying to convince a customer to get a PS4 rather than an Xbox one. Another employee at the counter was talking up the PS4 to pretty much every customer who bought something. Pretty funny to listen to actually.

Game make a lot of money in the used game market and I wouldn't be surprised if this was company policy rather than just the employees personal opinion.

Around the Network
ryuzaki57 said:
RenCutypoison said:

Canada

Amazon 

1. Xbox One Console – Day One Edition
2. PlayStation 4 (Sold Out)
3. The Last of Us
4. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
5. OUYA Game Console
6. DualShock 4 Controller
7. Xbox One Wireless
8. Shin Megami Tensei IV
9. Luigi’s Mansion: Dark Moon
10. Fire Emblem: Awakening 

WHAT?

Canada xD

tombi123 said:
I was in game (UK) yesterday and one of the employees was trying to convince a customer to get a PS4 rather than an Xbox one. Another employee at the counter was talking up the PS4 to pretty much every customer who bought something. Pretty funny to listen to actually.

Game make a lot of money in the used game market and I wouldn't be surprised if this was company policy rather than just the employees personal opinion.

Very similar to my experience in Game (UK) on Saturday.  Went in to pick up a couple of cheap games.  Went to the counter and asked the server what his thoughts were on the new consoles out later this year.  He stated that after E3, there has been alot of people coming into the store to change their pre-orders from XBox One to PS4.  I asked why, and it seems it's primarily down to the Used Game issue.  He also stated that he has been PRO XBox for countless years and he's now moving over to Playstation.  Although he didn't state why, but reckon it is also down to Used Games.  In general he stated that it doesn't look good for MS unless they get rid of this issue as most people coming into the shop tend to tradein and buy used games, so it will cause a major problem for them.

Just goes to show how Game Employees feel and what they are seeing.  Me thinks that MS need to get some positive PR out soon with regards to the Used Game farce OR it will be over before it's even begun.

Prediction (June 12th 2017)

Permanent pricedrop for both PS4 Slim and PS4 Pro in October.

PS4 Slim $249 (October 2017)

PS4 Pro $349 (October 2017)

JusSayian said:
It always saddens me when Japanese products beat out north American ones.

Especially when the parts and labor are predominately Chinese.  Makes perfect sense.

JusSayian said:

You do know that Sony has more than 20,000 Americans employed and that there are as many Americans employed in Sony Computer Entertainment as in Microsoft's console and game department.

Why be sad that good products are successful? Weird x}

Around the Network
tombi123 said:

This is not surprising at all, they almost went bankrupt earlier in the year and Xbox One would almost certainly ruin them. 

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

S.T.A.G.E. said:
JusSayian said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
JusSayian said:

Yea its call capitalism, I do not no where you from but its just how North Amercians are.

Best part about living in the country is understanding where the problem stems from. Just love yearly mill games with little changes.

Hey cannot blame the entire country cause of with its teens buy.

Who said its mostly teens buying the games? LOL That and coupled with the fact that we're not product nationalists its understandable why the better product would sell better. Superior specs, 95% the same games and a $100 lower in the price. The 360 took gamers from the PS3 very similarly, except the PS3 was more powerful on paper to the point where it hurt the console in the long run.

I thought you were making a hint at cod and other games that have yearly releases with no changes haha.

How did it hurt the console, i think it made it better then 360 and ps3 did very will this gen. Sony lost a huge chunk of the market share but its for the benefit of gamers they did. Competition is good and it needs to be there I do not want another ps2 era crap, cause if MS dies sony will become what it was at the beginning of ps3 life cycle. But judging by its community they liked it than they will like it again which is sad.

LOL @COD, but yeah..everyone is playing that. All age groups as well as the year EA, 2K Sports titles and others. Activision loves it too and they have influenced Ubisoft with games like Just Dance in pumping out yearly titles. As I said, the American method tends to be the mill invention which it does to music and movies as well. There is merit to their a lot of American products though, when we take the time to make quality. Halo is a testament to that.

Sony lost half of their gamers because Microsoft made the 360 as close as possible in multiplat offerings to the PS3 and the price was relatively cheaper. Americans weigh overall value of the product and if it is virtually the same as the competition product the price is the next deciding factor (A minority actually evaluate specs, exclusive content, etc). The Japanese will support home products over the alien product competitions product offers nothing different hence the sales of the sales you see in Japan even though the PS3 was more expensive. There are also a decent amount of Americans in Japan seeing that America has bases over there and the armed forces tend to be over there. MS could lose just as many gamers as they gained for the same reasons Sony lost them. Remember Microsoft ended their first gen with only what...24 million consoles? Sony ended their first gen with 100 million plus, so they expanded the market. Microsoft has learned how to take them, so the question is how do you keep them? MS has been playing tug of war for Sonys marketshare, basically, so we might be seeing this same thing for numerous generation until one gives in.

I cant lie i agree with everything you said. Hopefully no one caves in i be sad to either one go, especially nintendo.

JusSayian said:

How sad! If the whole world thought the way you do, American products wouldn't be selling good at all. But i doubt that's something you can consider.

Somini said:
JusSayian said:

How sad! If the whole world thought the way you do, American products wouldn't be selling good at all. But i doubt that's something you can consider.

That made no sense at all. I stated my opinon on the matter, i will support north american products over foreign ones the only time i will make an exception is when the foreign product is clearly better.

JusSayian said:
Somini said:
JusSayian said:

That made no sense at all. I stated my opinon on the matter, i will support north american products over foreign ones the only time i will make an exception is when the foreign product is clearly better.

You don't want American cars then, German and Japanese ones are much better in everyway 

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018