By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Resident Evil 5 or Silent Hill V ?

RE5 easily, SH5 seems to have some development problems btw.

Fatal Frame 4 might become a good competitor.

Around the Network

RE5 by a long shot.

Gamertag: KillswitchTris PSN ID: KsET665 Wii Friend Code: 8415 6393 6330 0940 (PM me if you add me)
Feel Free To Add Me Tag: LISMDK - Extremely bad taste in music

RE 5

RE5. By an EPICALLY long shot.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

RE5

@ Zucas

LOL

Around the Network

For me, RE4 was terribly disappointing since it ditched just about everything I loved about the originals, and could no longer remotely be called survival horror. But as it got such inexplicable acclaim (presumably by people who previously didn't like the series?) we can expect more of the same from RE5.

As for Silent Hill, I always found the original to be ever so slightly superior to the best Resident Evil (RE2), which itself, I should add, is one of my favourite games ever. The way Silent Hill created such an unforgivingly terrifying atmosphere is, I believe, unrivalled to this day. However, I have not played the later ones (although I intend to before SH5 arrives) and I don't therefore know how far, if at all, the series has gone down hill.

I will in fact be getting both, but I have much higher anticipation for SH5. I suppose it's really down to what you want in a game since the two offer such different things now.

Silent Hill 5 for me. I've played all the SH and RE games. I have never been disappointed with the SH series. SH always seems to have twists and turns where you least expect them. RE has become predictable over the years.

RE games are connected except for 4. While the SH games always have new stories and barely connect to the original. SH you don't have to play all of them to know the whole story. RE it is better to have played all of them to know the full story from RE 1 - 4 + Code Veronica.

Now Playing: Crysis 2

Last Finished: BulletStorm

Online IDs: PSN: computermaximus, XBL: computermaximus

RE5 is going to be the equivalent of a summer block buster. It's a must play.

I figure Silent Hill is going to be scary enough to actually frighten somebody to death! I'm not joking.

I pick RE5. As a game, I think it will be tough to beat. Silent Hill is going to be a hell of an experience, though. Even though I enjoy the tension, I normally have to force myself to play a Silent Hill game. That series is relentless with it's atmosphere.

RE5... By a long shot!

THE NETHERLANDS

Both, they will be quite different i think. But if I were to choose between the two I'd say RE 5. Silent Hill went downhill after SH 2 while RE had a slight dip in Veronica X but came back with what could possibly be the best in the series (or the even the whole genre) in number 4.
I have faith in both games though, SE V has a new art director and are getting lent hands from the folks behind Forbidden Siren as I've heard (I could be mistaken though).