By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Nvidia come out swinging for the PC at E3: “the PC is the most powerful gaming platform out there”

Red4ADevil said:

The more I hear about this, the closer I am to smashing someones high-end PC. (sorry it just really bothers me, let explain).....

Why do people always have to bring up this overrated claim (yes I said overrated) every time we talk about which is the better console, or how good a game looks on said console. Most of us already know PC is the better platform for games...WE KNOW already. So why do they feel the need to cram it down our fucking throats! That's just like saying subs are better than dubs in anime. Cause god forbid some of us console gamers are going to rebel against PC elitists over an argument that we cant win.

/end rant.....phew...I kinda feel better now. Carry on.

like I said, Nvidia been stating the obvious, because they are butthurt about the consoles, so they're just trying to sell people to their products and their stupid handheld (The shield)

don't get me wrong I use NVidia GPUs on my PC , always prefered them over AMD cards, but the company itself are full of PR crap, I'd be glad if AMD took over , and by the recent eveents they are slowly doing so.

Around the Network
PullusPardus said:
Red4ADevil said:

The more I hear about this, the closer I am to smashing someones high-end PC. (sorry it just really bothers me, let explain).....

Why do people always have to bring up this overrated claim (yes I said overrated) every time we talk about which is the better console, or how good a game looks on said console. Most of us already know PC is the better platform for games...WE KNOW already. So why do they feel the need to cram it down our fucking throats! That's just like saying subs are better than dubs in anime. Cause god forbid some of us console gamers are going to rebel against PC elitists over an argument that we cant win.

/end rant.....phew...I kinda feel better now. Carry on.

like I said, Nvidia been stating the obvious, because they are butthurt about the consoles, so they're just trying to sell people to their products and their stupid handheld (The shield)

don't get me wrong I use NVidia GPUs on my PC , always prefered them over AMD cards, but the company itself are full of PR crap, I'd be glad if AMD took over , and by the recent eveents they are slowly doing so.

It will be interesting to see how NVidia cards will do during the next 5 years. Since most of the games that will come out of PC will have been optimized for AMD cards, heving been made with the PS4 and XBox One in mind.

Well, Nvidia is not lying. I like most of my multiplatforms on pc now since I recently just built one with a Gtx680. I really only play my ps3 for exclusives now. Seeing how next gen is looking to be shaping, I cant tell if I should even get a Ps4 because most of the games are also on Pc. The games that will make me buy one however is MGS5, KH3, and FFXV. If those came to Pc, which I doubt they will, then I would consider a Wii U due to Nintendo games only ever coming out for that.

Revenue graph projects an increase lolol

Nvidia sure likes to point the obvious. The power is not the most important factor on pc for me. It is the diversity of titles and convenience it provides in terms of value and backwards compatibility.

If you look at some of the biggest titles on pc. They are not really graphic intensive. The Minecraft's, World of Warcraft, Valve games (TF2, L4D, Counterstrike) can all be played with mid to low end gpu. You need a Titan to enjoy pc gaming.

Around the Network

Is the gaming software revenue boom in relation to Steam, EA Origin and other similar companies/programs jump in popularity?

These graphs and stats are oh so misleading. For example: how many of those PC developers are 5-man indie teams?

And the increased power of the PC they tout so much comes at an equally increased price. High end video cards have become more expensive over time. Back in 2000, the most powerful cards cost about as much as a console, and matched their capabilities, but that didn't factor in other components. And it's only gotten worse, as a Titan with the system to support it will cost you $1500+, with emphasis on the +.

For the price, you simply can't beat a PS4.

Get over it Nvidia, you failed to compete for the mass market, try harder next time. Stop with these stupid graphs and stats that don't take into account the full picture.

PullusPardus said:
HikenNoAce said:
A shame about the lack of games though V_V

...errrr no, there are a lot of games

@ OP Nvidia's seems to be butthurt about consoles lately, they're stating the obvious

That's because they didn't make shit off of them last generation. 

They didn't even really try to win the console generation this gen and let a desperate AMD undercut them.

globalisateur said:
Well the games themselves are cheaper on PC but not the hardware itself which is a lot more expensive. And also I have the impression that there are less exclusive on PC. Typically most of PC games are ported on console, and consoles have more exclusives. Except for MMOs.

Not really no.  The MOST powerful PC's will cost more then consoles by quite a lot....

but to build an equivlent to a console?

A lot of the times it ends up cheaper if your smart about it.

PSX revenue is way lower then i would of thought for software.... what gives?

Also, i like the total lack of Nintendo on their charts.

Though I suppose the charts are what they are because they're the numbers Nvdia has exact figures for.