By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Anti-"Gamers" who hate other systems/games should not be called gamers

Mafaveli said:
Rath said:
Mafaveli said:
i hate all gameing systems equally...... what'll happen to me?

You'll go to hell I'm afraid.

No I dont deserve it I said "Equally"

Yes but to hate gaming is a sin. An unforgivable sin.

Its like murdering your own mother except far far worse. 

Around the Network
jimbo said:
weezy said:

you can hate whatever the fuck you want and still be the most hardcore gamer around.

I hate 95% of games made ..anyone IMO who likes more than 5% of games made is a tool

^Acually that was pretty harsh LOL

I could be wrong, but it would be nearly impossible to own >5% of all games made even if you were very hardcore. It would be in the high hundreds of games. I tend to be pretty sluttish towards games since I like to give them a fair shake. That being said having an elitist attitude towards gaming doesn't make you hardcore it just makes you an elitist. One more point your ability to debate is sorely lacking as well so please let other’s judge that and don’t toot you own horn as it’s extremely irritating to read over and over again how great a debater you think you are. Gaming is what the person doing the gaming wants it to be. Hard or soft good or bad. If I played just AAA games I would miss out on a lot that gaming has to offer. Please don't take this as a personal attack just as someone who is irritated with your posting style that does not even come close to being in the top 5% of posts, bottom 5% maybe, but I read them anyway.

Funny you should ask, jimbo.  For the main consoles since the SNES till now, there have been 17617 games released.  5% of that would be 880.  Mostly you'd have SNES games though.  With 10655 games being SNES, your share of 5% would be 533 SNES games.  I hope you have a lot of shelve space.  Unless you are going to d/l them onto your Wii!

Torturing the numbers.  Hear them scream.

Rath said:
Mafaveli said:
Rath said:
Mafaveli said:

ummm.... I see "I hate all gaming systems equally" as in Mafeveli finds equal faults with each console and not a "I hate gaming" post, but that's just me.

weezy said:
Acually true gamers hate everything that bring ppl joy.

ROFL

QFT

"I mean, c'mon, Viva Pinata, a game with massive marketing, didn't sell worth a damn to the "sophisticated" 360 audience, despite near-universal praise--is that a sign that 360 owners are a bunch of casual ignoramuses that can't get their heads around a 'gardening' sim? Of course not. So let's please stop trying to micro-analyze one game out of hundreds and using it as the poster child for why good, non-1st party, games can't sell on Wii. (Everyone frequenting this site knows this is nonsense, and yet some of you just can't let it go because it's the only scab you have left to pick at after all your other "Wii will phail1!!1" straw men arguments have been put to the torch.)" - exindguy on Boom Blocks

Rath said:
Mafaveli said:
Rath said:
Mafaveli said:

Yeah but dont you find the fact that we look to a little box (of varyings shapes and colours) with wired/wireless appliances connected to it for "pleasure", slightly disturbing?..........

Wii code: 6355-7594-5867-2364 Wii name: Mo Smash Bros Brawl: 5198-6095-4615 Cue Sports Revolution: 5327-4649-0447 Mario Kart Wii: 3308-8543-5834

SIG A.W.O.L

Around the Network
weezy said:
GooseGaws said:
@weezy:

I'm not sure why you seem to equate supporting the appreciation of great games with being a "follower". As with you, I don't play games that I don't like, and there are certain genres that I avoid almost entirely. That doesn't mean that I can't look at a great example of these genres and say "Oh, there is a quality game. I won't play it, but I'm sure those who enjoy that type of game will be thrilled".

I am who I am .. My taste in gaming reflects on me. I dont like what the next guy likes .

Im sorry if you dont understand where im coming from ..

but If I dont like a game god forbid me not apreciating it.

I can only play games weezy likes. Im not a tool.

Who said you have to play games you don't like?

You don't have to even play plenty of games but should still be able to appreciate them for what they brought to gaming. I mean surely someone who's never played Resident Evil 4 can appreciate it for introducing the over the back camera angle. Even if they don't like shooters, because it was a great advancement. Even in less succesful games and systems, the CD-i sucked, but you have to give them credit for attempting the switch from cartridges.

If your so self contained and narrowminded that you can't look outside of your skull on these things. It's all a matter of realizing that if you can only apperciate and say nice things about games you like. Then you shouldn't talk shit about games. Or at the very least state that you didn't like it in your opinion, not that something just outright sucked because if you are like this, you have no ability to actually be able to judge what is actually a good game or not. If you think you do, well then you are delusional.

Which very well seems to be the case anyway, since you think your taste in gaming is better then 95% of people and yet have self admitted that you have no actual basis to judge your taste on other than "Games that I like are good games, games that I hate are bad games."

How you don't think your taste is better then every else in existance with that criteria, i can't say. As I doubt you'll find 1 person, let alone 5% of people that agree with you exactly on every game you've ever played.

I think what you really want to say weezy is "My taste in gaming is better then everyone elses ever."

You're just afraid everyone will laugh at you for saying it. 

I think that Weezy is deliberately being a jerk about this to get a point across.

It doesn't matter what games accomplish or do well or what they bring to the field or anything like that. A good game is purely something that is determined by whether or not you personally find it to be fun to play. While there are elements that can make a game almost universally impossible to have fun while playing, it is still entirely a matter of opinion.

What makes you a gamer isn't enjoying or respecting all games, being a gamer is nothing more than devoting time towards playing games, any games. Hardcore gamer is nothing more than the amount of dedication you put into playing those games.
This doesn't mean that you have to enjoy and respect all games. You might think that RPGs are horrible and FPS are the pinnacle of gaming, or maybe you prefer sim games or action adventure or puzzle games.

Trying to elevate this to some sort of artistic field is ludicrous. It's a form of entertainment which can be as simple as a 5 second distraction to a year long pursuit of some unspecific goal. If you prefer one or the other, that's your business alone. If I think one type of game sucks, I'll say so. So will weezy. I can have opinions and you can to. I don't have to respect your tastes, you don't have to respect mine.
I'll give you every argument I can of why I feel my opinion is justified, but no matter what my reasoning there will never be a point at which you are forced to agree with me, so get over the fact that people have opinions and enjoy the games you want to enjoy regardless of what anyone else has to say.

to sum up: Suck it up, pussy!

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

of course 5% is a high number but I was just trying to get a point across to some who "appreciate every game" aka followers

its more like every 200 games maybe there is 2 I would buy, be proud to own and acually have fun playing.

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

weezy said:
Quote me suckers

Ok.

"I mean, c'mon, Viva Pinata, a game with massive marketing, didn't sell worth a damn to the "sophisticated" 360 audience, despite near-universal praise--is that a sign that 360 owners are a bunch of casual ignoramuses that can't get their heads around a 'gardening' sim? Of course not. So let's please stop trying to micro-analyze one game out of hundreds and using it as the poster child for why good, non-1st party, games can't sell on Wii. (Everyone frequenting this site knows this is nonsense, and yet some of you just can't let it go because it's the only scab you have left to pick at after all your other "Wii will phail1!!1" straw men arguments have been put to the torch.)" - exindguy on Boom Blocks

weezy said:

of course 5% is a high number but I was just trying to get a point across to some who "appreciate every game" aka followers

its more like every 200 games maybe there is 2 I would buy, be proud to own and acually have fun playing.

I'm pretty sure the past 200 games that came out, i like about 20 lol

to name a few:

Mario & Sonic At the Olympic Games

Bleach Shattered Blade

Naruto Clash of Ninja Revolution

Uncharted

I don't even own a Wii, and i love Bleach and Naruto games, they are fun an enjoyable, especially 4 way Clash of Ninja.