By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - For or Against, the Wii U pad.

Wii U pad a good idea?

yes it has potential. 278 68.64%

no, very few worthwhile uses for it. 91 22.47%

Beneficial to games but n... 36 8.89%

Total:405

I would say keep the Gamepad. But since I don't have a WiiU yet, my answer is invalid at this time... -_-'

And proud member of the Mega Mario Movement!
Around the Network

Would be cool if you take it anywhere and play.

Not really in a position to say as I have never played in the wiiu nor have I ever owned a ninty console, but it doesn't impress me one bit from what I have seen.

yeah such a terrible concept that Microsoft wants to use smart glass and ps4 wants to use vita as their second screens.  Besides that I like having a tablet as a controller has been great.  Some games use it better like zombie U i admit but there is alot of potential for it.

I love the Wii U CAUSE of the Game Pad.

Around the Network

I own all the systems, and anyone who votes no on this poll does not own a Wii U.  The Game Pad is great.

Stop hating and start playing.

The gamepad is great for first person shooters cause you can select your weapons easier like Zombie U. I like it when there is a map on it like in assassins creed. And if EA wasn't such dicks would have been great to have the plays right on the gamepad instead of the main screen in Madden. Just simple things that make gaming better. I like Nintendo trying new innovations. Microsoft and Sony love copying them too.

Against. They should've gone instead with much better innards and Wiimote + Pro Controller as default. That would continue Wii legacy and give 3rd parties console that is easy to port to.

Pros

• Navigation is easier
  • Off-TV Play
  • New Gameplay options (Nintendo Land, Wii Party U)
  • 5 Players at a time

Cons

• System is more money
  • Isn't as easy to understand as Motion control
  • Isn't a brand new idea

I'd say overall, it was a good idea and I support it. With that said, the Wii U is $50 more than the Wii without a game, and is less innovative or user friendly. I think it was a great idea for the gamers out there but wasn't exactly the best business decision.

I'm undecided on it at the moment. I actually find it a bit uncomfortable to use and for me, it's far too big. But at the same time, having it as standard does mean there are lots of untapped opportunities. It's just unlike the Wii, Nintendo haven't come out of the gate with a killer app for it. Nintendo Land is nice, but it's no Wii Sports.

I do fear too many compromises had to be made (to control price) to limit the pad's usefulness. Resistive touch screen rather than multi touch, and a cheap LCD rather than a high end LCD/OLED display make it feel quite cheap. Had they been able to provide what would essentially have been a Vita, I'd have been 100% sold on it.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.