By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I want the XBOX ONE to Fail and Die.....Am I wrong to feel this way?

There are many reasons in wanting only 2 big players in the console business, without fanboyish motivations. I think we can all agree on the biggest reason, that the less consoles there are, the easier it is to get all the games.

Of course we can look at it "selfishly" as well. For instance, if one of MS or Sony is out of the console business, then suddenly, 3rd party multiplats become a viable business move for Nintendo. As in, now Nintendo can make powerful hardware once again. But as long as there is 2 main players looking to satisfy the "core", Ninty will not go that power route (and suffer another Gamecube defeat).

At the end of the day, I do hope XBone flops and forces M$ out. Mainly due to their own awful, non-consumer friendly policies, arrogance & greed, as well as for the above mentioned reasons.

Around the Network
kowenicki said:

Not in my experience.

How could you possibly know?

The clue would be in his username - "Lurker"

You have a reputation here. You dont have to have been lurking for long to know about kowenicki.

We live in a captalist world, sure. But, what Microsoft is doing is beyond that, DRM-policies for Xbox One are almost fascist. They have to make money with pro-gamer measures, like great games, great features and great content, not with treating it product like a essential item they could do anything and we would buy anyway because we had no option, only MS don`t know we do. It`s not even in a coke position where it can charge more because they have such a following that competition race for second or third place. Xbone may do great in US because the brainwashed population that even defends PRISM, but will bomb hard in Europe where people dont`t take everything down their throats.

kowenicki said:
Carl2291 said:
kowenicki said:

Not in my experience.

How could you possibly know?

The clue would be in his username - "Lurker"

You have a reputation here. You dont have to have been lurking for long to know about kowenicki.

Which wasn't what I was talking about.

how would he know that people don't get banned from reports.

its impossible.

Under that logic wouldn't it be impossible to know how many reports any given post gets and therefore your statement 

"say anything remotely neg about Sony or a Sony console and a raft of reports swiftly follows."

would be equally as unproven.

I hope it dont do well either

VITA 32 GIG CARD.250 GIG SLIM & 160 GIG PHAT PS3

Around the Network

Well, like the image shows... and common sense... 4 is indeed greater than 1. But all silly things aside, I never liked Xbox anyways. Never have. All I've had and needed is an Playstation and a Nintendo. That's all I really need. PS for my RPGS and Nintendo for all my Mario, Sonic, Pokemon, Zelda, Mario kart needs.

kowenicki said:

That would depend how welll I knew a mod wouldn't it.

so the mods are awake today then... Good to know.

Well then his statement would depend how well he knew a mod, and certainly not impossible to know as you stated.

Well I'm awake, but I really only moderate flaming and hit and run trolling because those are the two things I think a community can't have.  

I'd rather them be taught a lesson than die out completely. Sony had to learn their lesson with the PS3. I hope it's the same for MS. But if they don't, then I would want them replaced with a more consumer friendly competitor. Except for a few super MS loyalists, it seems most people are favoring the PS4 this gen over the Xbox One that favored the 360 more last gen.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

kowenicki said:

Evidently.

I'm curious, where do you draw the line between acceptable negative opinion about something and trolling?  Personally if someone is willing to stand there and defend their opinion as long as it isn't totally ridiculous then I think it's not trolling.  It can be a stupid opinion based on false information, but if they have actual reasons for it then I don't see it as trolling.  

There is certainly legitimate discussion to be had about concerns over Microsoft's online policies, but this thread does not foster the right tone at all.

Locking.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.