By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Shigeru Miyamoto on E3: 'I saw no games I would have liked to create myself'

Stolen from GAF

http://www.jeuxvideo.com/news/2013/00066342-e3-2013-je-n-ai-pas-vu-de-jeux-que-j-aurais-aime-creer.htm

Translation: This year's E3 is obviously under the sign of the new generation with the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, each trying to steal the show with their respective exclusive title. What does Nintendo think about it?

We directly asked Shigeru Miyamoto. We know that the father of Mario and Zelda often has a habit of moving in the aisles to take a look at what is going on other than their own booths - we have seen him at Ubisoft last year, for instance, checking out Watch Dog. So what's his impression on E3 2013 and the catalogs of Sony and Microsoft?

"Of course, I would like to know what they do with their machines, but there is no game that I feel the need to go see. So far, from what I've seen on the show this year, there does not seem to be any games that I would like to have created myself."

You can find the full transcript of our exclusive interview with Shigeru Miyamoto next week at jeuxvideo.com.

Around the Network

Shiggy has his own style of game he likes producing, each to his own i say

Not even Halo?

Guess he didn't like that Tearaway demo he was watching. :S

He said he would have liked to make angry birds right? I dont understand this man lol

Around the Network
green_sky said:
Guess he didn't like that Tearaway demo he was watching. :S

I was just thinking that. How can he not like that game? It's more original than anything Nintendo brought to the table this E3.

Before people start being unable to READ at all.

He does NOT say: I HATED EVERY GAME I SAW. He said he liked the games he saw but he would not make them himself.  (even tho he said he didn't feel the need to look for competitors games guess what he did anyway)

Not that we end up with a thread full of people people jumping to conclusions because they are unable understand simply English like on the supposedly  mature site like NeoGaf....

So again HE LIKED THE GAMES HE PLAYED.

He should of left the Nintendo booth then :)

I like his honesty.

Good to see he hasn't changed since 1994.