By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Tagged games:

Th3PANO said:
W....T....F, typical VGChartz day i guess.

I'm here because I can write something like this without someone coming down with a banhammer on me. Worse case scenario, I get a time out for an inflamatory thread (which I don't believe it is) or language (I'm crude at times, meh). Heck, helps vent some of the annoyances our fellow gamers can cause.

Around the Network
JinxRake said:
Th3PANO said:

I'm here because I can write something like this without someone coming down with a banhammer on me. Worse case scenario, I get a time out for an inflamatory thread (which I don't believe it is) or language (I'm crude at times, meh). Heck, helps vent some of the annoyances our fellow gamers can cause.

Just learn to ignore it. Will help your emotional breakdowns .

There are many things I consider overrated, and I understand it's only my opinion....

...except for The Hurt Locker. That piece of rubbish is vastly overrated.

Th3PANO said:
JinxRake said:
Th3PANO said:

^O.O^

I'm not angry, despite what the rest of the thread would suggest.

Your OP is over rated. Just kidding. I agree with most of what you said. How can one argue with Pullus and Lilchickens who come into every Naughty Dog thread and say these games are over rated. Well if they really are. Why are you wasting your precious time commenting on them. 

It is the easiest way to get a rise out of the fan base. Mario is overrated, Half Life is overrated crap, Uncharted ugghhh so overrated. Halo lol like seriously overrated. We hear these kind of comments from all sorts of idiots without them able to present their arguements as to how they are overrated. 

KHlover. You are awesome dude and i respect your opinions and views but people really are quite entitled these days. There is whole sub culture on the internet that covers whining and untitlement under the covers of whitewine/first world problems. 

Well most of you are not going to read what i say. Which is completely okay. So i'll post a video for you to watch. 

Around the Network

This rant is overrared.

JinxRake said:
Th3PANO said:
JinxRake said:
Th3PANO said:

^O.O^

I'm not angry, despite what the rest of the thread would suggest.

ah, okay, kinda seemed like it ^-^

Of course stuff can be overrated.

If some people wouldn't teach others on how to judge art, and not explain what constitutes the sophisticated qualities of art and media, then even more people would get carried away and be wowed by Avatar, Twilight and Call of Duty.

People, game reviewers in this case, allowed themseves to be carried away and be mightily impressed by GTA4 (98% Metacritic rating). There's almost universal agreement that that game was overrated.

But I do agree that the expression overrated often is misused in lazy and unintelligent ways.

JinxRake said:

Who else here hates this bloated, self-serving, snotty piece of "opinion"?

Every time I read a comment that starts with "This is the most overrated ... " I feel like reaching through the monitor and slapping the ever living daylights out of whoever's on the other side. It's the laziest cop out ever conceived and it serves no purpose than for a gross form of narcissism and of patting one's own back for how "clever" they are.

Everything is "over-*******-rated" these days, everyone's an arm chair critic - without at least EVEN TRYING to offer an informed or impartial opinion -; everything is rated in 0s or 10s, no middle ground, no arguments, no use than to just help in wasting everyone's time.

"It's opinion"...NO, it's NOT! It's a judgement of someone else's opinion, a sad excuse attempt at being cleverer than anyone else.

I felt like venting, you guys are my victims, I'm not even sorry.

If you hate this cancer on the face of internet conversation, have one on me:

Dude were you absent the last years?  I mean you complain about "overrated"?  You better go and  complain about   "DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMED"
Thats worse than "overrated"

JazzB1987 said:

Dude were you absent the last years?  I mean you complain about "overrated"?  You better go and  complain about   "DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMED"
Thats worse than "overrated"

That's debatable. Doom drives conversation while "overrated" kills it.