By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - "Overrated"

Tagged games:

Mohasus said:
JinxRake said:

Everything is "over-*******-rated" these days, everyone's an arm chair critic - without at least EVEN TRYING to offer an informed or impartial opinion -; everything is rated in 0s or 10s

Nope.

For example, I think TLOU is overrated by the media. In my opinion that game is a 8/10. While it has those strenghts expected from a ND game, it also has many flaws such as bad AI and glitches. It also gets repetitive towards the end, so I don't think it should be rated 10/10. I'm not even exploring anymore just to find more bottles and bricks, maybe find something to craft that I won't need or a pendant that does nothing.

When I see reviews after reviews saying 10/10, my expectations grow, and when it isn't delivered, I'm disappointed. 

xenoblade is over rated it deserves a 7/10

Around the Network
JazzB1987 said:

Dude were you absent the last years?  I mean you complain about "overrated"?  You better go and  complain about   "DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMED"
Thats worse than "overrated"

I have that pet peeve as well, but not as bad. Along with "physical media is on its way out, good riddance", "I'm bored of everything, all is crap", "who reads books anymore when I have an iPad", "XBox Done" and "we need to change EVERYTHING".

But today I was literally assaulted by "overrated".

"Game of thrones is so mainstream and overrated."... "Ever watched it?"..."No. But with a boy that can only say Hodor! all the time, it can't be good".

"The last of us is the most overrated game I've ever played. I couldn't save!"...

"60$ games are so overrated. What I get on the iPad are a lot better."

"Reading is overrated. It can never reach the impact of films."

Actual snippets of my day, along with all of the E3 negativity...well...

The xbone is doooooooooooomed xD

I consider "over rated" an empty criticism as it tells me nothing. Tell me the characteristics of the game and that is a discussion.

green_sky said:
JazzB1987 said:

Dude were you absent the last years?  I mean you complain about "overrated"?  You better go and  complain about   "DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMED"
Thats worse than "overrated"

That's debatable. Doom drives conversation while "overrated" kills it. 

Is that so? I wonder how if a thread called "overrated"  would end up having a conversation.  hmm.....

Around the Network
JinxRake said:
How can ANYTHING be overrated? There is, has never been, will never be an universal scale to which you can compare. As such, anything is rated as exactly what a person considers it to be rated, based on themselves and their experience. To call that wrong is to call life wrong - stretching the analogy a fair bit -.

Not agreeing is one thing. It's your opinion, it's your own interpretation of quality and how it affects you.
To call something overrated is to call everyone else wrong because they have a different opinion. And hence, my problem

You can change overrated for any other adjective and apply what you said.

This shall calm your nerves my fellow brosif.