By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Link's Crossbow training has just passed a million!

The game is awesome. Especially at twenty dollars with a gun. It would have been just as awesome at twenty dollars on its own.

It takes thee old school premise of, "easy to learn but hard to master" to heart. If you like games where you have to put in time replaying the game and getting better scored (like older hardcore games. Myself included. Ikaruga Rawr.) then you should have no problem enjoying this game.

I bought two copies because I needed at least two guns. I will probably end up with two more copies unless they stop bundling the game with the gun. Come to think of it, I hope they keep selling the game with the gun forever.

01000110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01001001 01111001 01101111 01101100 01100001 01101000 00100001 00100000 01000110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01000101 01110100 01100101 01110010 01101110 01101001 01110100 01111001 00100001 00100000

Around the Network

Anywhere I have seen it the price has been $19.99. It is definitely worth having I think, particularly for the price. The zapper works perfectly for it, but it does hinder you on RE:UC.

Entroper said:
famousringo said:
totalwar23 said:
^Wait a minute...I thought the game was good, but hindered by the Zapper (At least according to GI)

From what I've heard, the Zapper is a tradeoff, not a liability. You can't move to new targets as quickly, but it helps to stabilize your aim. Which is is more valuable probably depends on who you are and what you're playing.

And of course, the Zapper ought to be somewhat more immersive, if that matters to you.

This is correct.  I think the Zapper is a hindrance in RE:UC, but a benefit in LCT.

I saw Gamer TV on bravo about this, and it criticised the zapper, and the game if I remember correctly, so it is a bit odd to see such positive feedback from gamers. they also said that the perfect shot gun was a lot better, is this right, I beleive it leaves the nunchuck seperately, making it more useful in RE UC

i have both the zapper and the nyko perfect shot.

the nyko blows the zapper away in comfort and usability. the zapper is OK but the perfect shot....is what it's name implies.

good luck trying to buy one though they are VERY hard to get...took amazon a month to get restocked...

If it says Nintendo on it and comes packaged with something, you can be pretty sure that people are going to go ape s*** to buy it.

My Games of 2011:

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Super Mario 3D Land

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

Around the Network

Well what nintendo game on the wii has not passed a million yet?

2008 end of year predictions:

PS3: 22M

360: 25M

wii: 40M

@ Zackblue

Fire Emblem: Radiant dawn: 443K
Excite truck: 610K
Endless ocean (well, duh): 100K, this one might make it though.
Batallion wars 2: 90K
Donkey Kong:Barrel Blast: 210K
Pokemon Battle Revolution: 850K

I think that's all...

Wow! EA has made 17 games for Wii, and NONE have made 900K. Only 4 have made 500k. Only 7 made 300K.

Did you know? There was, untill recently, one game, that had NO hits on Vgchartz. It was this game: http://vgchartz.com/games/game.php?id=15684

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

No surprise to me.

This game falls under the banner "Wii impulse buy".

I saw the $20 price at Wal-Mart and said damn I wasn't gonna get any new games but damn it's $20!

A little gun doohickey & a simple shooting game based on Hyrule. It was a no-brainer.

And it proves just how good a developer Nintendo is. Even a simple little game like this is well done.

The curse is over. Nintendo is firing on all cylinders now.

Wait until they cross up the peripherals starting with the Balance Board and the Zapper (and then Mario Kart Wii Wheel). Man I'm so much waiting on Wii Fit. Maybe even more than Brawl if that's possible!

John Lucas 

Words from the Official VGChartz Idiot

WE ARE THE NATION...OF DOMINATION!

well good i still have to get it. probally will for my birthday.

oh ya and zeo 842, email ioi to get your old account fixed, i dont remember the email adress but ask him about it.

Munkeh111 said:

I saw Gamer TV on bravo about this, and it criticised the zapper, and the game if I remember correctly, so it is a bit odd to see such positive feedback from gamers. they also said that the perfect shot gun was a lot better, is this right, I beleive it leaves the nunchuck seperately, making it more useful in RE UC

RE:UC has a Zapper control configuration, but it's retarded.  At any point in the game that requires you to shake the nunchuk, you basically can't do it and take an automatic hit.  I don't know why they even put that in the game if they were going to still require you to shake the nunchuk.

I've just started ignoring "professional" reviews when it comes to Nintendo games, and reading user reviews.  Every mainstream reviewer has some bone to pick lately whether it's with Nintendo, Sony, or Microsoft.