By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Link's Crossbow training has just passed a million!

loadedstatement said:
I secretly want this. But I dont want to pay $25 for it. I would pay $5-10 for it. I really just want the game, not the zapper.

It can be played without the Zapper, so that's a plus.

As others have said you can get it for $20 at many stores. It's worth more than $5-10 (though you could give eBay a try), so I don't think the $20 is unreasonable.

Around the Network
totalwar23 said:
^Wait a minute...I thought the game was good, but hindered by the Zapper (At least according to GI)

From what I've heard, the Zapper is a tradeoff, not a liability. You can't move to new targets as quickly, but it helps to stabilize your aim. Which is is more valuable probably depends on who you are and what you're playing.

And of course, the Zapper ought to be somewhat more immersive, if that matters to you. 

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Well, if I can believe Wikipedia, the GameCube had just 25 million sellers in 5 years. Wii should pass that easily by the summer.

Also, SMG is almost certain to pass SMS in the next few weeks, Twilight Princess passed Wind Waker long ago, Mario Party 8 could potentially outsell MP's 4-7 combined, Super Paper Mario has doubled Paper Mario: TYD, and even Mario Strikers has outsold it's predecessor. The only major Nintendo title not to outdo it's GCN counterpart is Metroid. This would seem to bode well for SSBB outstripping Melee's 6 million (and I still think it has a good shot at hitting 10).

It'll be a bit harder for the Wii to pass the N64 benchmarks (11m for SM64, 7.6m for Ocarina, 8.5m for MK64), but it should still pass it's total of 37 or so million sellers by the end of 2009.

dtekdahl00 said:
Does anyone here actually have this game? I would love to know if it was worth purchasing it from a Hardcore gamers perspective

I have it, it's fun while it lasts.  The sad thing is that it doesn't last long enough.  I enjoyed it quite a bit though while I played it.  I just wish it had more missions.  It's definately worth playing though.

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

KruzeS said:
Rugger08 said:
sweet, apparently people enjoy paying only $25 for a game even if it is a small game. Maybe more games should be in this price range.

I aprove of this post. I'm hoping Wii Ware fills that gap though.

Well, the first WiiWare game (FF Crystal Chronicles) will cost1500 Wii Points ($15). Maybe some other games will be as low as $5... :D

By the way, I bought the Wii Zapper BECAUSE of Link's Crossbow Trainig... It's a great game, and I got it for only $20!! XD

Around the Network

Good for Wii.

famousringo said:
totalwar23 said:
^Wait a minute...I thought the game was good, but hindered by the Zapper (At least according to GI)

From what I've heard, the Zapper is a tradeoff, not a liability. You can't move to new targets as quickly, but it helps to stabilize your aim. Which is is more valuable probably depends on who you are and what you're playing.

And of course, the Zapper ought to be somewhat more immersive, if that matters to you.

This is correct.  I think the Zapper is a hindrance in RE:UC, but a benefit in LCT.

The zapper was released in Japan but not sure if it came with Link Crossbow. They had a bundle where it came with the RE:UC game however.

Couldn't this mean that developers will start selling games that use the zapper? They would probably have it bundled with the game and have the game available by itself! I really want more games are made for the zapper.

Guitar Hero 3/ Smash Hits

Nice.