By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - MS: "You can have 6 consoles, with 6 games being played by 6 people

Saw this over on NeoGaf

Around the Network

I swear to god I have no idea how this "share system" works. It's so complicated to understand, and it doesn't help that Microsoft is unable to explain EXACTLY how it is

That's pretty cool but there has to be some limitation to it. If not, then I can see a group of friends buying 1 game and all of them playing it, it's going to cut in to sales way more than used games ever did.

If there's anything I've learned this week, it's that Xbox support knows nothing.

Please be excited for Gamescom!

*6 different games.....

Around the Network

Reading that entire thing is confusing.

Seems like the support tech is talking about (6) people being able to play anything on the library and mentions them having your profile. This means the consoles accessing the library in that case would need to have your Live account accessible.

(6) consoles, all with your Gamertag accessible. All (6) people log into your account. All (6) people can play your library of game.

This is how I took it. They are doing a good job of confusing the shit out of me, lol.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

superchunk said:
*6 different games.....

I think I read somewhere that said that 1 game can be played simultaneously. So for instance, one dude bro can get COD Ghost and share with all his dude bros and spend they can spend the rest of the money on beer and doritos :P

Nsanity said:

Saw this over on NeoGaf

title is wrong... you left out the word "different" and are now misleading.

You can't play same game simultaniously just as you can't do that with a disc now.

It "6 different consoles with 6 different games being played by 6 different people"

I don't get what's so confusing about this for everyone.

This is so confusing, might as well just keep it as it was before the Xbox One. Just let us trade games among ourselves if we want to

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

I don't understand. Microsoft stop confusing the fuck outta me!!