By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - US Navy serviceman calls Xbox One’s 24-hour online check “a sin committed against all service members”

Euphoria14 said:
Mr Puggsly said:
Oh boy... are we talking about a video game machine or something of actual importance?

Go out there and put your life on the line and worry about whether or not this is the day everything below your knees gets blown off or if your buddy might not make it back to base.

You know, then you'll truly appreciate having an escape from reality, like a gaming system, so everyone can have fun and play.

Not sure if it was your intent, but your post comes off as incredibly disrespectful to those who risk their lives everyday so you can enjoy the things you do on a daily basis.

At ease, soldier.

My intent was to point out the Xbox One is just a gaming machine, just entertainment. If people in the military need something that's completely offline, go with offline options. There are other options on the market.

MS has a right to make an online console even if its inconvenient for some people.

You're over reacting.

I'm a MS fan, but if for whatever reason I can't get access to the internet. I'll just go to the PS4. Its MS's loss, not mine.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network

I guess they have nothing important to do in Afghanistan..

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

Mr Puggsly said:
Euphoria14 said:
Mr Puggsly said:
Oh boy... are we talking about a video game machine or something of actual importance?

Go out there and put your life on the line and worry about whether or not this is the day everything below your knees gets blown off or if your buddy might not make it back to base.

You know, then you'll truly appreciate having an escape from reality, like a gaming system, so everyone can have fun and play.

Not sure if it was your intent, but your post comes off as incredibly disrespectful to those who risk their lives everyday so you can enjoy the things you do on a daily basis.

At ease, soldier.

My intent was to point out the Xbox One is just a gaming machine, just entertainment. If people in the military need something that's completely offline, go with offline options. There are other options on the market.

MS has a right to make an online console even if its inconvenient for some people.

You're over reacting.

I'm a MS fan, but if for whatever reason I can't get access to the internet. I'll just go to the PS4. Its MS's loss, not mine.

Sorry, i'm a bit touchy when it comes to this stuff. Many family members have served.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

I said the exact same thing before E3... and apparently the only response I got from people on here was that the troops are a "minor, insignificant market" so MS doesn't care about them. Don't know how MS feels, but these "small" markets of hardcore gamers, Asia/Africa/S.America, people with not constant internet and troops are sure starting to build up...

Euphoria14 said:

Sorry, i'm a bit touchy when it comes to this stuff. Many family members have served.

Fair enough, but do you really care what games they had access to? Its just entertainment. There are still plenty of gaming options available to them.

Where was this complaining when Diablo 3 became an online only game? The last thing on my mind was Blizzard hates the military! This is silly.

Recently Completed
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network

Poor guys :/ theres always 360, ps4 or even a WiiU. Can't always get what you want in life.

Mr Puggsly said:
Euphoria14 said:

Fair enough, but do you really care what games they had access to?

Its just entertainment. There are still plenty of gaming options available to them.

Of course not. I would just tell them to get a PS4 if they really felt they needed a next gen console.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Euphoria14 said:
Mr Puggsly said:
Euphoria14 said:

Fair enough, but do you really care what games they had access to?

Its just entertainment. There are still plenty of gaming options available to them.

Of course not. I would just tell them to get a PS4 if they really felt they needed a next gen console.

Well obviously, espeically if they don't have access to the internet.

Recently Completed

antfromtashkent said:
They were saying something about exclusion passes or something?

Really? I wonder if the soldier ever decided to sell the x1...how much it would cost cuz it's special.

if the XB1 is a sin to all service members than the XB1 is a sin against MURICA!!!