By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - How much will "X" sell?

Tagged games:

How much will X lifetime sales be worldwide?

Below 1M 27 17.42%

Around 1M 45 29.03%

1.5M 29 18.71%

2M 21 13.55%

3M 14 9.03%

5M+ 19 12.26%

Total:155

I don't think you can use the first to make a guess about the second one. The first game was delayed in 2 regions and only saw a limited release in one of them. Its at like 800k so the second one, if handled better, should sell more

Around the Network

@Otaku..& Maris

You guys are missing the part where the Wii had a 90+ mil install base on the launch of Xenoblade while the Wii U has 3.12 mil consoles sold on vgchartz as of today. I guess it's possible over the lifetime but I just don't see it happening. When Ninty's regular set of games come along, most would forget that this game even exists. Fire Emblem was advertised this time around if I'm not mistaken whereas X most certainly won't be.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

500k if the wii U doesn't get a huge boost and 1mill if it does

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

I think 1-1.5 million. It's a niche JRPG on a system which most "hardcore" gamers will ignore. However XenoBlade created some hype, and now it's a super rare game to buy, so maybe more people will hop on the band wagon now that this game will release during prime Wii U time.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

5,000,000, counting digital.

Around the Network

Around 1 million, give that square-enix have been having trouble to meet their schedules, with this game Nintendo has a good oportunity to sell many unities the JRPS fans waiting for the next square-enix games.

Edit - fixed the post by posting my prediction.

1-2 million, I dont understand people bringing up Xenoblade and Wii install base. Xenoblade was released 2 years late in the states and only sold at gamestop when Wii was already abandoned. X is coming much earlier in Wii Us life, has alot more hype sutrounding it and I honestly dont see a consoles install base having much impact on a game like this

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

1-1.5 million is my guess. As others have said, Xenoblade WOULD have sold more had it been released closer to the Japan release (especially in America) instead of waiting until Wii was basically done. If it becomes the same kind of critical darling as Xenoblade, it should do well amongst the hardcore, and especially since it'll be releasing AFTER Wii U has had a chance to hit it's stride following the steady stream of 3D World, Donkey Kong, Pikmin, Wind Waker, Mario Kart, etc., yet still early enough in Wii U's lifecycle to enjoy some time on store shelves (unlike Xeno which was only available at Gamestop or online from Nintendo in the US). SHOULD do better than Xenoblade, but will depend on whether Wii U's install base reaches healthy enough levels before its release next year.

Upcoming Games To Get

Definite: Kirby Star Allies (Switch), Mario Tennis Aces (Switch), Fire Emblem (Switch), Yoshi (Switch), Pokemon (Switch), Kingdom Hearts 3 (PS4), Monster Hunter World (PS4)

Considering: Fe (Switch), Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze (Switch), The World Ends With You (Switch), Ys VIII (Switch), Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition (PS4), Kingdom Hearts 2.8 Remix (PS4), The Last Guardian (PS4), Shadow of the Colossus HD (PS4), Anthem (PS4), Shenmue 3 (PS4), WiLD (PS4)

If its anything like Xenoblade im hoping it will sell 10 million. I know im being unrealistic but i want to see the jrpg genre revived. Im frustrated by the lack of quality jrpgs.....most of them these days only focus on cgi trailers and small areas with high graphical detail. One of the reasons i loved FF7 was the expansive world map and the ability to explore and grind anywhere at any time. Sadly that ended with FF9 and SE has been on a decline in my book from there on.

700k - Nintendo is not going to market it and just like with Bayonetta they are going to waste this amazing opportunity. -- If they marketed it good and people knew what the game was all about 3+ million easily