By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Game Daily doubts that SSBB sold 500k units

so what that galaxy sold 250k in its first week? galaxy has only mario and brawl has got characters(or stages)from(i think) every nintendo franchise and heroes from other best selling franchise like mgs and sonic and every franchise used in brawl has stronger fanbase than mario so it's no doubt that this game would sell that good(or even better) even if the only one who would buy this game were fans of franchise used in the brawl.

Around the Network

Do we know for sure that 500,000 were even shipped for the first day?

kingofwale said:
>Yes, I was talking about the gaming media specifically.

you can't win them all, Some gaming media loves Wii, some don't, but at least you get the rest of the Media loving it.

remember when Time Managazine picked PS3 as "Biggest let down" (not just within the video game industry).

Like I said, you can't win them all, JUST be glad you aren't hated by most people.

In terms of the regular media, yes. But in terms of the gaming media, it's the other way around. This is probably becuase the Wii took a path these people rather not see.

Re-read the Game Daily blogish post for the fifth time.

Would someone please tell me who thinks that the Wii will lose the console war -- besides Sony or Microsoft employees or fananatics?

Even most analysts are starting to concede that Nintendo has built a 'better mousetrap."

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

Nintendo is expanding the gaming market, I don't see why everyone can't see it as a good thing. Those little anti-wii sites are now being mentioned just because the mainstream (bigger) media is reporting on the wii and this mentioning them as well.

They owe a lot to the wii, without their bashing of the wii I wouldn't have known who they are and they would have just been unknown to many others.

Around the Network

I wish we could start petitions to ban bad analysts from working the gaming industry. How many would like to see Patcher go first.

I love fighting games !!! Come on challenge me !

bump this to discredit them even more.

SMG will sell over 1 million in Japan, I think it could make 1.5 million actually. Brawl could outsell SMG's LTD in TWO weeks... now that it amazing...

I think it just comes down the Japan's love for 2D gaming.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

When Mario Galaxy was released, the Wii had a userbase of 3,754,670, now there are 5,200,000 sold in Japan.
And remember that:
Mario Sunshine: 870,000
Smash Bros Melee: 1,400,000

Wii Fit is rapidly beating PS3...

Playing now: Apollo Justice, Majora's Mask

Going to play: Little King Story

"As long as there is a Triforce, there will be a Zelda  As long as there is a prosperous kingdom, there will be an evil that wants destroy it And as long as there is an oppressive force running Hyrule, there will be a boy, in a green tunic, with a silver shield, and a magic blade, to stand against them."-The Legend of Zelda
Legend11 said:
Do we know for sure that 500,000 were even shipped for the first day?

To my knowledge we have no hard shipment information as of yet. As with all shipment data not taken directly from Nintendo it has to be taken with a grain of salt until it is properly vetted. With that said we also have no reason to doubt the data as of yet which means its suitable for tentative speculation...if you're into that sort of thing.

To Each Man, Responsibility