By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - My prediction: GameStop will be pushing the PS4

Now that the used game/sharing policy is known for both ms ad Sony, I can see GameStop "siding" with Sony and trying to push consumers to the ps4 over the x1. 

By this I mean that the ps4 will be closer to the door/windows, GameStop commercials may show the ps4 version.   Can employees be encouraged to sell one product over another (BenV?)

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League

Around the Network

Doubtful. Isn't the Xbone going to permit used game sales only through select retailers? I'm assuming Gamestop would be one of those retailers, so that sounds like a boon for them.

Both systems will be receiving lots of attention.

We fully support both Sony and MS.

badgenome said:
Doubtful. Isn't the Xbone going to permit used game sales only through select retailers? I'm assuming Gamestop would be one of those retailers, so that sounds like a boon for them.

Even though Gamestop may get more trade - ins, they get alot less per sale so it depends on what they would want more, more profit or more sales?

Tomothebarbarian93 said:

Even though Gamestop may get more trade - ins, they get alot less per sale so it depends on what they would want more, more profit or more sales?

I don't see why they have to choose. PS4 games might have a higher profit margin for them, but Xbone's policies squeeze out their private seller competition. I'd be pretty surprised if they don't treat them evenhandedly.

Around the Network
badgenome said:
Tomothebarbarian93 said:

I don't see why they have to choose. PS4 games might have a higher profit margin for them, but Xbone's policies squeeze out their private seller competition. I'd be pretty surprised if they don't treat them evenhandedly.

companies usually profit more from a monopol even if the margin seems to be lower.

As long as you have competition you are forced to adjust the price somehow to be able to compete,but creating a cartell(gamestop&co)

they can dictate the price and either you acceppt what they want to give or you can't sell the game.Than they'll give you only 30bucks for a new used game and sell it for 50 and give 5dollars to the publisher.There's a higher profit than buying the game for 40 and selling it for 50.The profit will even be higher as they can push the price for used games and sell them higher .

therefore I think gamestop will again push the xbox

btw-the little girl looks like the daughter of you ugly avatar.

badgenome said:

this if anything.

Both will likely get the same support. There's no conspiracy here.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

SxyxS said:
badgenome said:
Tomothebarbarian93 said:

companies usually profit more from a monopol even if the margin seems to be lower.

As long as you have competition you are forced to adjust the price somehow to be able to compete,but creating a cartell(gamestop&co)

they can dictate the price and either you acceppt what they want to give or you can't sell the game.Than they'll give you only 30bucks for a new used game and sell it for 50 and give 5dollars to the publisher.There's a higher profit than buying the game for 40 and selling it for 50.The profit will even be higher as they can push the price for used games and sell them higher .

therefore I think gamestop will again push the xbox

btw-the little girl looks like the daughter of you ugly avatar.

They can't only give the publisher only $5, they get most the money, It has been stated they will make about as much as they make on new games which is only around 20% compared to 40-50% on used games normally.

But i do agree less competition is a huge advantage

Conegamer said:
Both will likely get the same support. There's no conspiracy here.

Ding ding ding!

We have a winner folks