By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox One family sharing works with friends!

naimisharanya said:

dude you clearly didn't get my point whatsoever.

WHERE did I say anything negative about a 24 hour check-in policy!? Show me...!?

I'm saying you have to put your game disc in the Xbone before it can be played (when sharing a friend's game), and that you won't be able to share digital copies at all.

"At the very least you can only play on one console per 24-hour period"  

This quote, i guess youre refering to DRM with this. BTW how do you know that you have to put your game disc in the Xbone before it can be played if you are sharing with a friend? Is that a gut feeling or did one of their execs specify on that? If you know thats true, give me the source and Ill read it.

Around the Network

Hmm if true.. This is actually a cool feature but offline play is a heavy thing so no...

A good step up out of the abyss they have dug themselves into.

COKTOE said:
Just read the whole article at arstechnica, and it all sounds so reasonable. Even brilliant. MS couldn't have fucked-up as badly as they did, for as long as they did, and then decide to stupidly sit on this info for months, right through E3, could they? This has to be a recent decision. Regardless, I like it a lot.

The way it appeared originally was that Microsoft looked like they were going to kill off every single safeguard consumers had so they wouldn't have turkeys floating around being bought, and killing off interest in videogaming and their console.  This share feature looks like a good one.  It allows a group of people to build up a library together and be able to see what might be good or not.

Of course it will just be a list of 10 individuals you define. I don't understand the confusion.

You guys need to start trimming your quote trees!

Around the Network
VGhippy said:
I don't know, I'd wager MS has a simple algorithm to prevent this. If they can ship it with rocket science level tech but they are unable to put in a couple of lines of code on their servers to prevent people from having 10 brothers from other mothers i'd be very surprised. For all we know you could be banned for doing that if they find you abusing the system.

Shared games are going to be in the cloud.  I am sure the content in the cloud is going to end up having its data checked to prevent unofficial modification of code.

"Mehdi couldn't give comprehensive details but he did clarify some things."

That's what it says in the article.

If this was concrete then Activision would lose exactly how much money on CoD in the US!? I think some common sense is required here.

naimisharanya said:

If this was concrete then Activision would lose exactly how much money on CoD in the US!? I think some common sense is required here.

Until then, when things clarify completely, I'll stick with this story and you'll stick with yours. Im pretty sure we are both decided on what we are getting or not getting this fall. At least we can respect that.

naimisharanya said:

The bulk of interest in Call of Duty is the multiplayer side.  The system only allows one person at a time to have access to the library.  Call of Duty is not impacted by this.

naimisharanya said:

Well that PR statement was written by a retard, because

"You can always play your games, and any one of your family members can be playing from your shared library at a given time "

is clearly

CLEARLY not going to happen.

That means only 1/10 of my friends have to buy a game and then I can play it whenever I want.

LOL

You must be completely brain dead to think they'll be doing this!

HAHA

unless one of the other frineds are already playing it  in which case you cant  so if you and all your frineds want to play the new cod all at the same time   how is it any diff then me giving you my game the only diff is that i can still play my game