By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox One family sharing works with friends!

g911turbo said:
maximrace said:
OMG about the two people actually downplaying an awsome feature like this

More like skeptical on the details (which are extremely important).

On top of all that, Microsoft can get rid of it completely should they choose (they say right there on the link everyone keeps referencing, it's in plain fucking English), claiming people are abusing it. 

More like laughing at people thinking this is somehow a trump card.

Around the Network

I certainly like the sound of this. But I'm thinking there's got to be a catch of some sort.

Now I'm just wating for MS to go into detail about all of their policies (I swear they have apes running their PR).

MCPOxxxAAG said:
naimisharanya said:
MCPOxxxAAG said:

because MS is going digital. what I got from that feature is that if my friend has access to my library, he can play any game from my library through the cloud or whatever.

What I am saying is that this won't be the case.

At the very least you can only play on one console per 24-hour period. But I highly doubt that downloadable games will be sharable - possible, but very, very unlikely.

They've never been shareable, so why would they be now? No, this "sharing" feature is there because we've been able to do that since forever with our physical copies.

dude I didnt magically write this without connection to the internet. If you are refering to having only 24 hours of offline gameplay on a foreign console, that wont be a problem for me or my friends. I never purposely go offline when I got a fine internet connection available and neither do my friends, and yes Im am aware of lots of people without a good internet connection and/or no connection at all. sorry but im not making sarcrifices for those people.

MS is trying to do away with physical copies, to move on to digital. and I think sharing games through Live is a good move and perfectly fits with what MS is trying to do, go digital. 

dude you clearly didn't get my point whatsoever.

WHERE did I say anything negative about a 24 hour check-in policy!? Show me...!?

I'm saying you have to put your game disc in the Xbone before it can be played (when sharing a friend's game), and that you won't be able to share digital copies at all.

This quote tree has been shortened.

yo_john117

double post sorry

naimisharanya said:
Azerth said:
g911turbo said:

Uh, skewed a bit.  Let me return the favor:

PS4 you can share your physical disc with unlimited other people to play, but you cannot play simultaneously.

Xbox One (according to THIS report, seems to change weekly) you can share your game [via library] with only 10 other people, but you cannot play simultaneously.

See what I did there?

Ok you caught me lol I'm Sry

But I think on the x1 the one who buys the game can access it no matter what, its the ones who are using the shared the game that only one can play at a time

NO!

1) You decide you want to play Halo 5 at your friend's house

2) You go to your friend with your Halo 5 disc

3) Insert it into his Xbone, register it, and since you are friends... viola.

4) Play Halo 5 till the sun comes up

5) Decide you want to go home to play some Halo 5.

6) Insert disc in your Xbone, enabling you to play Halo 5 and blocking your friend from playing.

Isn't this obviously what's going to happen? Has no-one here realized this? 

thats not what they are saying   me and 10 others can share all our games with each other.  i can access the games i buy when and where ever but for those who are using the shared copy over the internet not the disk can only use it one at a time.

Give your family access to your entire games library anytime, anywhere: Xbox One will enable new forms of access for families. Up to ten members of your family can log in and play from your shared games library on any Xbox One. Just like today, a family member can play your copy of Forza Motorsport at a friend’s house. Only now, they will see not just Forza, but all of your shared games.  You can always play your games, and any one of your family members can be playing from your shared library at a given time.

your example is also wrong since you dont need the disk once the game is installed even if you go over to someone elses house

This quote tree has been shortened.

yo_john117

Around the Network
Gehirnkrampf said:
so all i need to do is searching for 9 other people. one buys a game, plays it for two weeks and gives it someone other and so on. (yes it is shared to everyone at the same time, but only one can play it so it would be better to say "you have it the first two weeks, and then you...")

i only buy every tenth game, but
i need to wait up to 20 weeks to buy something i haven't bought

i am totally in. please microsoft, do your DRM shit if this works as you say ;)

Never thought about it, because I never rent games or buy them used, but this would be cool if it really works instantly. Would be cool to share games with a whole clan, but I don't see it happening like that.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

g911turbo said:

So you know what this means right? We all need to form groups of 10 (based on similar game interests). Then you can split the cost of a game via Paypal, and take turns playing that game (just not simultaneously).

What I hate about all this DRM crap (besides costing me more money) is that it just makes shit more complicated.  Microsoft would have been better off going all in, and just making a trading market where you can sell the game (license) for whatever you want (like ebay, just for games, but M runs it).  They then just simply take a sale fee like ebay would.  This would work for disc or digital downloads, since the market would be all about buying and selling licenses.... Yeah craigslists would be out, but at least the market could dictate the used resale price then.

In my opinion, they could have done that or just leave it as is this gen.

You can trade-in disc-based games.  But it will be up to each publisher to decide who to work with and how to proceed.

No word on digital trades. 

thranx said:
naimisharanya said:
thranx said:

digital or disc, its all the same. no difference between the two at all except one is downloaded and one is not.

This isn't a "YOUR MY ARCH ENEMY AND I SWEAR YOU'RE WRONG" statement. It's just what I am thinking.

But I am thinking, seriously,

that you are wrong here.

you can either read what has been anounced or you can make up stuff. what ever suits you.

I think "sharing digital games" is making stuff up. You and several others have implicitly assumed this. I have not. 

tres said:
thats what annoyed me about all the psychotic rants. its like the reading comprehension went out the window. they always tie the cant lend to a friend to the give policy. the give policy is for those that want to gift or give their game away, not let borrow. and if i give you something should i care if you cant give it to someone else. and if i give it to you then of course i cant give it to anyone else because i'm not the owner anymore. but but but i cant let my friend borrow my game. you don't have to when they can share your entire game library without even getting your disc.

now the only policy that really need clarifying "any one of your family members can be playing from your shared library at a given time."

is that anyone or just one which would be lame. considering you might have 2 consoles in your house that leaves no room for sharing.

i swear i can do better pr than those shit for brains they have working for microsoft right now can.

When you introduce something, like restrictions, and both fail to clearly explain AND sell the restrictions and changes, people will end up doing psychotic rants and expecting the worst.

Azerth said:
naimisharanya said:
Azerth said:

Ok you caught me lol I'm Sry

But I think on the x1 the one who buys the game can access it no matter what, its the ones who are using the shared the game that only one can play at a time

NO!

1) You decide you want to play Halo 5 at your friend's house

2) You go to your friend with your Halo 5 disc

3) Insert it into his Xbone, register it, and since you are friends... viola.

4) Play Halo 5 till the sun comes up

5) Decide you want to go home to play some Halo 5.

6) Insert disc in your Xbone, enabling you to play Halo 5 and blocking your friend from playing.

Isn't this obviously what's going to happen? Has no-one here realized this? 

thats not what they are saying   me and 10 others can share all our games with each other.  i can access the games i buy when and where ever but for those who are using the shared copy over the internet not the disk can only use it one at a time.

Give your family access to your entire games library anytime, anywhere: Xbox One will enable new forms of access for families. Up to ten members of your family can log in and play from your shared games library on any Xbox One. Just like today, a family member can play your copy of Forza Motorsport at a friend’s house. Only now, they will see not just Forza, but all of your shared games.  You can always play your games, and any one of your family members can be playing from your shared library at a given time.

your example is also wrong since you dont need the disk once the game is installed even if you go over to someone elses house

Well that PR statement was written by a retard, because

"You can always play your games, and any one of your family members can be playing from your shared library at a given time "

is clearly

CLEARLY not going to happen.

That means only 1/10 of my friends have to buy a game and then I can play it whenever I want.

LOL

You must be completely brain dead to think they'll be doing this!

HAHA

~

Edit: User was moderated by TruckOSaurus for this post.