By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - who else got pwned by the wiikey ??

Kasz216 said:
Games really should be region free. I still don't understand the logic for why they aren't.

It creates artificial markets so they can charge as much as possible.

Around the Network

oh stop your whinning,

xbox banned ALL modded 360s (at least tried to)
Sony updates its PSP firmware every month to stop mods

this is the first time Nintendo does anything, don't whine, just be glad Nintendo doesn't do more

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
kingofwale said:
Sony updates its PSP firmware every month to stop mods

And the next day it's already hacked lol ^^

Why exactly won't you be able to play SSBB? Did I miss anything new?

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

>And the next day it's already hacked lol ^^

at least they are actively trying.

same goes for IPhone,

Nintendo is the only company that has done nothing to stop modding and piracy.

and let's not kid ourself to say that most modder here pirate games.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
Around the Network

@NJ5

It's just that Wiikey doesn't support DL discs so it's not working, i have a working DVD5 rip of the Japanese game and it's playable on my PAL Wii with Wiikey.

So this means:
1) The US version will almost certainly work on PAL Wiis
2) The only thing holding back the Japanese game from being playable is the fact that there is no Wiikey DVD9 support yet and the fact that there's not a proper DVD9 image of the game yet.

The only thing i care about is that it works with PAL consoles, so by March team Wiikey will have definately released a DVD9 fix yay!

Yeah, WiiKey doesn't support DVD-DL discs. Only CycloWiz (and obviously unmodded Wii) does. By the way, the WiiKey team is working on an update. They said they are in the process of obtaining a Japanese original of the game so that their coder can begin working on a compatibility fix and dump app. :D
Also, a dumper was released by Nekokabu, in TehSkeen. And RawDump is releasing an experimental build that supports Dual Layer DVDs. So it's just a matter of time before we all can play brawl. XD
And because the WiiKey website is down, the updates about this will be posted in PSX-Scene/WiiNewz (http://psx-scene.com/wii/portal.php)
The news above was also taken from WiiNewz.
Just a matter of time before we all can play brawl. :P

misteromar mk4 said:
Whats the deal with wiikey and brawl? I have been waiting for modders to get fucked over.

Just buy your games people or import a us wii.

you didn't follow the PS2 last generation, did you? Other than disc read errors, which afflicted everyone not just those with modded ps2s, many people went the entire generation with very little resistance. perhaps you could explain to me why you expect that the wii modders will get "fucked over"

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

I don't understand why someone would import a game from Japan. Do you speak Japanese? How could you play a heavy worded genre like an RPG in a different language?

It just seems like it wouldn't be beneficial. I could understand that since most Europeans can understand English why you would get it from NA, but from Japan???

My vote, get a NA Wii and just import the NA titles if you really can't wait the few extra months.

I don´t have a wii key on my Wii because I don´t use pirate games.

100% Coritiba Foot Ball Club!