By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4 has the least amount of exclusives? What happened?

Chandler said:

Not my list and I don't know if accurate but I wouldve never expected Microsoft trumping Sony in terms of exclusive gaming content.

Where is this list from? This is far from accurate, PS3 has many exclusive announced and you missed The Witness or Deep Down ?

Around the Network
maximus22 said:
Easy. Sony is still supporting the PS3.

All Sony studios are working on PS4 games according to Yoshida, so expect support for PS3 to be lacking after 2013.

Easy: Sony is still supporing the PS3....

All the sony games announced bar The Order are coming out in the launch window. So look at it time sensitively, they're about equal. Ninty still coming out on top as you would expect from a console about to enter its 2nd holiday. So I think sony are probably just pacing their annoucements whereas microsoft are showing off games like Halo, Quntum break, Sunset Overdrive, Spark and the Black tusk title non of which we'll see for a while.
We saw last year Sony announce 5 exclusives titles at Gamescom in august, I think they'll do the same again.

Also their support for the PS3/Vita has undoubtably limited their resources.
God of War: A, Sly Cooper, The Last of Us, Pupetteer, Killzone Mercs, Beyond 2 souls, Tear Away and GT6. All of those PS3 devs will now refocus on the PS4.

maximus22 said:

Damn! The exact same post...

Around the Network
blublibla said:
Chandler said:

Not my list and I don't know if accurate but I wouldve never expected Microsoft trumping Sony in terms of exclusive gaming content.

Where is this list from? This is far from accurate, PS3 has many exclusive announced and you missed The Witness or Deep Down ?

The witness: "Later, Blow announced that the game will be a time-limited exclusive title for the PlayStation 4 over other consoles, though this will not impact releases for Windows and iOS."

I have no idea about Deep Down, not my list.

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

Andrespetmonkey said:
maximus22 said:

All Sony studios are working on PS4 games according to Yoshida, so expect support for PS3 to be lacking after 2013.

I'm sure it will be compared to this year but I also expect its support to be much better than any other 7th gen console.

starcraft said:
Munkeh111 said:
Sony said 20 exclusive games released in the first year, Microsoft said 15. Let's believe them!

Sony definitely have a ND game quite a long way away, MM game, the Guerilla new IP and something from Santa Monica, there are plenty of games coming

I feel like these numbers have been confused the the 'Sony has 40 exclusives' numbers.

Turns out they meant 40 exclusive experiences (mostly extra DLC and crap like that).

No, in an interview he said 20 new games which has 12 new ips are in development at the studios. He said after that and we have over 40 exclusive content from publishers.

cause the SONYs studios are busy with the titles for the PS3...lets wait and see the TGS

Yeah, I am not worried about that one bit.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)