By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - EA: "We don't have a problem with second-hand sales as they are today"

b-b-but if sony doesn't implement similar policies as MS then publishers will abandon them

Around the Network

Right... after PS4 successful used games policy the Publishers talks about fans now lol.

EA said this right?

RolStoppable said:

They tried to take a page from Sony's playbook. I don't have to remind you that Sony talked up how they always care about gamers and all that stuff at their conference on Monday, but anyone with some long term memory remembers the PS3 that was a means to get Blu-ray in people's homes and make gamers a second job.

The reason why such PR doesn't work for EA is because they really don't have any fans that are eager to gobble it up. Or fans, period.

Well... haters said PS3 was only a Bly-ray player... Sony ifself always sold it focusing in games.

Sony always puts games in first place.

EA is the least trustworthy company in the entire gaming industry. I can't think of anyone else that would even come close.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Around the Network

Nintendo and PC gamer

Loads of wriggle room in those words. They'll be imposing some sort of control. I hope Sony is really true to its word and requires 3rd parties to make offline SP totally free from used game DRM. Sony will probably allow 3rd parties open slather on any online component, be it SP online stuff or MP online.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Are they implying that It was Microsoft that is pushing the DRM policy?

ethomaz said:

RolStoppable said:

They tried to take a page from Sony's playbook. I don't have to remind you that Sony talked up how they always care about gamers and all that stuff at their conference on Monday, but anyone with some long term memory remembers the PS3 that was a means to get Blu-ray in people's homes and make gamers a second job.

The reason why such PR doesn't work for EA is because they really don't have any fans that are eager to gobble it up. Or fans, period.

Well... haters said PS3 was only a Bly-ray player... Sony ifself always sold it focusing in games.

Sony always puts games in first place.

Come on, as an early adopter I can tell you that those early year was certainly desperate time for actual gamers, the meme 'PS3 has no game' were pretty apt and before Metal Gear Solid 4, the PS3 had no exclusive that could really be named 'system seller'. Sony doing the right things now doesn't give them a free pass at past sins. Lets just hope that they learn from their lesson.

One could even say the problem is so, so small, that one would say it's "unprecedented".

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.